Tips to Help Your Aging Clients to Be Healthy All Year Long
It's difficult to believe that a new year has crept up on us again. However, it feels more like it slammed against us with little warning, don't you agree? But for many of us, we may look forward to a fresh start. With every new year, some of us may ask, "Is there anything I can do to help to make my new year healthy and happy?"
You could be on the right track now, but feel you'd like to take it up a notch to make it your best. If you're doing your best now but feel something is missing, check out the following tips that can make a big difference in your life, even though they are small.
Pay attention to attitude
If you maintain a positive attitude, studies confirm that happy people get sick less often. Stress and feelings of "in the dumps" lead to illness, but in the large part, right attitudes protect us from major chronic diseases like heart trouble, diabetes, and potentially cancer as well. Bottom line--put your energy into staying healthy.
Tips to stay healthier
- Laugh more often - research shows that it can lower stress hormones and increase immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies. The results offer an improved resistance to fight illnesses. Laughing triggers endorphins, the body's natural feel-good chemicals which promotes an overall sense of well-being.
- Eat right - consume more veggies and fruits and increase those rich in fiber. They will reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.Visit the doctor and the dentist regularly -- the dentist visits will ensure your mouth is as healthy as possible, while regular exams with your doctor helps identify risk factors and problems before they become severe.
- Get plenty of sleep - a restful slumber makes you feel better, but its importance goes way beyond boosting the mood. Adequate sleep is part of a healthy lifestyle and can benefit your heart, weight, mind, and more.Go outside and get some sun - sunlight equips the body with vitamin D3 that can last throughout the winter, it boosts the production of vitamin D, which leads to higher serotonin levels.
- Limit your alcohol intake - cutting back on alcoholic beverages can help your general well-being and you'll notice feeling better in the mornings. And you'll gain more energy as well.
- Don't over indulge - studies show that a reduction in calorie intake stimulates longevity.
- Read more - it's good for the brain. Plus, studies show that reading keeps you mentally stimulated and slow the progress or even prevent Alzheimer's and dementia.Stay connected with good friends - friendships Increase your sense of belonging and purpose, boosts happiness, and reduces your stress.
- Drink more water - it helps keep the body hydrated, which is essential to every cell. The body needs water to function properly.Get exercise - regular fitness decreases the risk of strokes and heart disease. And a stronger heart equals better circulation.
The tips should be easy to follow through. Make them a habit, and you'll obtain a higher quality of life.
Choose a Client Portal as Wisely as Choosing Your Dog
People tell me that dogs are a sign of how the dog owner feels about him or herself and what they value. I agree.
The 6'9" man with the tiny dog tells me that he values love, being cuddled and protected. The scruffy 5'9" man with the two greyhounds tells me he values the feeling of being stately and proper. And the woman with the fancy white poodle values feeling sharp and noticed.
A consumer portal is no different.
The portal and contents send a clear message on what the business values the most and wants its clients to value. If the portal showcases investment performance, the advisory firm is telling the client that investment performance matters the most.
If the portal accentuates a person's net worth or probability of reaching their financial goals (2nd home, college, retirement), the advisor is telling the client to care most about achieving their goals and watching their bottom line.
So before your business chooses a consumer portal, think about the message you want to send to the public and clients. It is no different than the message that your dog is publicly sharing about you. What you choose tells others what you value. And just like a dog, you can't return the portal so easily. So choose wisely.
- 1 of 1770