Click below the image above to listen to the podcast.
We read, write and talk a lot about better ways to build wealth, and after reading Dr. Daniel Crosby’s latest book, The Laws of Wealth, we wanted to dive deeper on his 10 rules of wealth building.
Daniel does a great job of weaving relevant stories in to topics that often can be overly complicated.
In this episode, the guys walk through their favorite rules along with steps you can take to put these rules in to practice in your own life. Daniel’s examples of why so many of us are overconfident will provide a laugh along with some head-nodding. This discussion will help you take a step back and evaluate potential flaws in your current wealth building journey. Understanding why we have trouble doing this on our own could be the best Christmas gift you receive this year!
Daniel’s next book will be coming out next October called The Behavioral Investor. He also has a Continuing Education course for Advisors through the University of Georgia starting in 2018. Stay tuned to his twitter account for more info, linked below.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- Why God could not have created a worse investor than you or I
- Why going it alone when it comes to your money is ripe with potential landmines
- The limits of our own willpower
- The overconfidence mirage and the impact it has on long-term results
- Why there is a gap between what advisors and clients think they do
- How picking the best mutual fund performer doesn’t deliver what you think
- How you label you savings goals could dramatically increase your savings
- Why teasing out process from outcomes delivers the best long-term success
- How many sit-ups the average man thinks he is away from dating a supermodel
- Confusing good returns with skill can be a dangerous investment strategy
Links Mentioned In the Show
How to Prepare for the Holiday Season If You’re Lonely
The Top Five Year-End Planning Considerations
3 Shining Beacons of Light in the World of Leadership
How Flexible Is Your Retirement Income Strategy?
10 Self-Sabotage Behaviors to Avoid
4 SEO Secrets to Make Your Website Ranking Higher
Connecting the Dots to the Triangle of Sales Success
The Best Way to Upgrade Your Marketing in 2019
7 Tips to Selling Yourself and Your Ideas in the Workplace
12 Days of Marketing: Plan To Do The Plan
Financial Podcasts11 hours ago
MarketCounsel Summit Series: Turn Fearful Clients into Fearless Investors with Aaron Klein
Research11 hours ago
What Brexit and the Ongoing Problems in the European Union Mean For Investors
Building Smarter Portfolios11 hours ago
Merger Arbitration Strategies and Protection
Advisor1 day ago
How to Budget for the Holidays
Social Selling1 day ago
As a Salesman I Taught Myself to Market … and You Should Too!
Advisor2 days ago
6 Questions Business Owners Should Answer Before Selling Their Business
Equities3 days ago
How Do Bitcoin Futures Affect the Price?
Research3 days ago
Debt Bombs Ticking Across the Globe