Did you realize that we are hardwired to make irrational financial choices? The incentives to spend now vs. save are difficult to overcome on our own. Listen this week as Chad and Mike discuss the impact of behavioral economics on your personal situation.
On this episode, we break down six key behavioral biases we all share in different areas of our financial lives. The good news is that human accountability and automated savings programs can go a long way to fight against these instinctual biases.
So join us as we celebrate the recognition of Dr. Richard Thaler winning the Nobel Prize in Economics for his Behavioral Economics research and what it means to your financial situation.
Facts and Links Mentioned In the Show
- CNBC – Richard Thaler Wins Nobel Prize
- Washington Post – Mental Accounting
- Save More Tomorrow Program
- Nudge – 2008 book by Dr. Thaler
- Misbehaving – 2016 book by Dr. Thaler
- Episode 40 – Make These Financial Moves in Your 40’s
- Kitces – How Human Financial Advisors Facilitate Behavior Change
- Morningstar Whitepaper – 72% of people are moderately or extremely worried about money
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- 6 Key Behavioral Biases we are prone to experiencing
- Who Richard Thaler is and why his work matters to you
- How much money Dr. Thaler’s research has helped save US investors
- Ways you can fight against your emotional impulses around your finances
- How Mental Accounting can cost us in the long-run
- Why Big Decisions can have higher odds of Big Mistakes
7 Pieces of Real Life Sales Advice Everyone In Sales Should Know
Women: Not All Professional Storms Are In The Forecast
Change the Way You Think About Finding the Right People
3 Free Resources That All Small Companies Should Be Using
Are Your Clients Going to Pay More for Medicare?
How to Overcome Common Business Mistakes
5 Startup Friendly States Worth Relocating To
What Was Working in Sales, Isn’t Working Anymore
Work Ethic Isn’t Something That Can Be Turned on and Turned Off
If You Can Do This, You’ll Be In An Optimal Position
Let's Solve It18 hours ago
Is Inflation Really Dead?
Markets18 hours ago
Could Cyclicals Make a Comeback in 2019
Equities19 hours ago
US Technology Sector is Setting Up for A Momentum Breakout Move
FinTech3 days ago
The Next Global Financial Meltdown Is Just Around the Corner
Advisor3 days ago
Stay Away From Dumb Money: The Crowd Is Rarely Right
Markets3 days ago
We’re in a Danger Zone for Investors Over the Long-Term
Markets4 days ago
Long-Term Investors: The S&P 500 Is Not Your Friend. Here’s Why.
Development4 days ago
Again, and Again, and Again: The Way to Build a Great Advisory