Whitney Johnson, author of “Disrupt Yourself” and her new book “Build an A Team” finds out from her financial planner that her overspending is impacting her ability to tithe 10 percent and support her church. She and her family plan a self-disruption, downsizing their life so they can deploy their money in a more intentional way.
In Whitney’s story you will learn:
- How a phone call from Whitney’s financial planner got Whitney’s attention about her finances
- Why Whitney was not going to be able to reach her financial goals, despite a relatively high income
- The shifts that Whitney made in terms of her spending and savings habits
- How her ties to her church and her belief in God inspire her financial planning
- How she spends differently as an entrepreneur compared to her previous career working on Wall Street
- Her belief that money is meant to be a servant, not a master
- How she uses money to support her values
In Whitney’s lesson you will learn:
- Every tie you spend money you are voting on the kind of world you want
- The importance of modeling financial spending for your children
In Whitney’s money tip you will learn:
- Ways to teach kids about investing
- How to buy fractions of a share of stock
- Whitney recommends an app called Stockpile
- How Whitney looks to the theories of Peter Lynch and advocates buying what you know and use and value, and to couple your investing behavior with your consumer behavior.
In my take you will learn:
- How allowing your values to guide your financial life can be rewarding
- Why disrupting your life to better align it with your financial values is something people at any income level should consider
- How you can be pro-active in taking down barriers for your bosses, to create better odds of them giving a green light to your goals
- How I got my bosses to allow me to work a 4-day week for years, by removing barriers and creating solutions before I approached them.
How to Prepare for the Holiday Season If You’re Lonely
The Top Five Year-End Planning Considerations
3 Shining Beacons of Light in the World of Leadership
How Flexible Is Your Retirement Income Strategy?
10 Self-Sabotage Behaviors to Avoid
4 SEO Secrets to Make Your Website Ranking Higher
Connecting the Dots to the Triangle of Sales Success
The Best Way to Upgrade Your Marketing in 2019
7 Tips to Selling Yourself and Your Ideas in the Workplace
12 Days of Marketing: Plan To Do The Plan
Financial Podcasts11 hours ago
MarketCounsel Summit Series: Turn Fearful Clients into Fearless Investors with Aaron Klein
Research11 hours ago
What Brexit and the Ongoing Problems in the European Union Mean For Investors
Building Smarter Portfolios11 hours ago
Merger Arbitration Strategies and Protection
Advisor1 day ago
How to Budget for the Holidays
Social Selling1 day ago
As a Salesman I Taught Myself to Market … and You Should Too!
Advisor2 days ago
6 Questions Business Owners Should Answer Before Selling Their Business
Equities3 days ago
How Do Bitcoin Futures Affect the Price?
Research3 days ago
Debt Bombs Ticking Across the Globe