Doug Boneparth CFP®, author of The Millennial Money Fix, got his entrepreneurial game on early in life when at just 15 he was selling Japanese Anime video’s on a new platform — eBay. While the business did not last, the lessons about supply and demand, as well as keeping track of the profits, provided the foundation for the entrepreneur he is today.
In Doug’s money story you will learn:
- Why checks were arriving in the mail for the then 15-year old Doug Boneparth
- How Doug leveraged his passion for Japanese Anime into a thriving online business just as the internet was becoming a mainstream tool for commerce
- The skills Doug and his brother developed to grow the anime business, and other businesses they started
- How much money Doug made
In Doug’s money lesson you will learn:
- How Doug’s passion for his product drove sales
- How Doug has used the lessons from that teenage business to build his current CFP® practice
- How Doug continues to leverage the internet for business
- Why it is important to understand the legal ramifications of business decisions
- Where the profits from his business went!
In Doug’s money tip you will learn:
- How to make your commute more productive
- The financial and psychological benefits of investing in improving your time between home and work
In my take you will learn:
- The importance of tracking your business spending and costs, in addition to top line income
- How saving money in the wrong places can hurt both your business, and the quality of your personal life
- The specific, and very tough decision Bobbi made to increase her intentional work time, in order to improve the quality of her time with her family.
Click below the image to listen to the podcast!
Find Your Why, Before You Give
How Will Asset Managers Find Ways to Distribute Going Forward?
Get Real: Stepping off the Hamster Wheel of Life
The Culture Perception Gaps Between Executives and Employees
Get Naked With Your Money: Wrinkles, Bulges And All!
Do This To Complete Your Vital Activities Each Day
Traditional Retailers Are Failing And It’s Not Amazon’s Fault
Why Following Someone Else’s Plan Never Works
Drive Towards Having Great Money Habits
How to Develop Your Digital Branding Strategy
Advisor11 hours ago
Cybersecurity and Privacy: Tips for People with Substantial Wealth
Brand Strategy11 hours ago
A Different Way To Think About Leverage
Equities11 hours ago
What You Need to Know about Investing in Healthcare AI
Markets22 hours ago
The Fed’s Next Move May Be No Move at All
Markets1 day ago
Why The Next Recession Will Be Different
Equities1 day ago
What You’re Not Hearing About the China Trade War
Development1 day ago
The Best Practice Management Idea of the Year
Advisor2 days ago
Homer Simpson vs Mr. Burns