Perez Hilton pioneered blogging as a profession, starting with his first $5 payday from Google Adsense. The once-bankrupt Hilton has built a multi-media business on that foundation, moving into YouTube, television and his latest venture, a guest stint at Chippendales in Vegas.
In Perez’ money story you will learn:
- How Perez first earned money as a blogger, and the size of his first payment
- How he promoted his wesite perezhilton.com when it first started, well before social media existed
- How he realized he could make money blogging
- The big life failure that happened that led to his ability to focus on and monetize his blog
- The turning point in his career as a blogger when he was able to help his family
- What Perez tells his kids about his job
- Perez’s daily schedule and how he maintains productivity
- Why Perez wakes up at 5:51 every morning
- What was Perez’s biggest payday, and how much he has made in one day
- Why he is so excited talking about Lady Gaga!!
In Perez’s money lesson you will learn:
- The big warning he has to new business owners about the pace of growth
- Why he warns startup founders not to invest all their own money in their business when they can get investors
In Perez’s everyday money tip you will learn:
- How to negotiate better rates with the people that you have been doing business with for years
- How much you can reasonably expect them to discount services
- How to leverage your social media following to get discounts on products
In my take you will learn:
- Why it is important to note that Perez Hilton wakes up everyday at 5:51 am
- The significance of his regular, reliable schedule, especially as an entrepreneur and a parent
- How he is putting time management Laura Vanderkam’s strategies to work.
- The importance of building out a brand in an intentional and focused way
- How Perez is integrating new platforms to expand his audience from his core platform
- The video on Perez’s personal youtube channel that I am personally completely fascinated by and why.
Perez and Bobbi also talk about:
- How he has had to re-think his finances since having three kids
- Why Perez believes in diversifying financial assets, but also focuses on real estate
- The kinds of real estate Perez believes will be the best investments and why
- Where Perez is invested right now
Beware of the Energy Vampires
When Financial Goals Aren’t Enough!
Finding Senior Care on Limited Budgets
What Is a Key Employee and Why Are They So Critical?
Listening to Understand Is to Stand Under
What Support Looks Like in Leadership
Don’t Make Your Financial Content Buzzkill
Legacy Vendors Are a Bigger Issue Than Legacy Systems
Are You Aware of These Nine Risks to Your Portfolio?
Catching People Doing What’s Right Along the Customer Experience Journey
Learn13 hours ago
A Surprising Post-Election Investment Idea
Development13 hours ago
The Extraordinary Power of the First 90 Days
Digital Strategy13 hours ago
FINRA and Compliance In The Era of Fake News
Building Smarter Portfolios2 days ago
Beware the “Known-Unknowns”
Learn2 days ago
Cybersecurity Without The Commitment
Development2 days ago
How Freedom Resulted in $300mm to $800mm in Just 8 Years
Insights3 days ago
How to Start Your Journey to Be Different
Advisor3 days ago
11 Ways the New Tax Law Could Help or Hurt Your Tax Return