Award-winning CBS Business News Analyst, and radio and podcast host Jill Schlesinger CFP® talks about how she literally paid off her ex-husband to go away, after just one year of marriage. She also shares her best tip for organizing and tracking spending.
In Jill’s money story you will learn:
- The negotiation that went on during her divorce
- The advice her father gave her and the significance of his perspective
- The financial- and other- costs of marrying the wrong person
In Jill’s money lesson you will learn:
- The value of using money and financial resources to move on, even when it is not a fair payment
- How Jill’s background as a trader gave her perspective on cutting her losses in bad situations.
- How to apply Jill’s lessons to different situations in life, from stocks, to high living expenses
In Jill’s money tip you will learn:
- Her advice to cut transportation and commuting costs
- Don’t sweat the small stuff but pay attention to the big stuff like life insurance
- Keep your finances simple, for example charge on just one credit card
- About the book Jill is writing “Dumb Things Smart People Do with Their Money” including a sneak peak!
In My Take you will learn:
- Ways to apply Jill’s philosophy of cutting your losses, including stocks, business partnerships and consumer goods
- How to know what to insure
- Specifically how I just was able to get a 44% price cut on my annual home insurance
11 Most Read IRIS Articles of the Week!
Why Secure Passwords Matter and How to Create Them
10 Ways to Celebrate International Women’s Day
Becoming a Great Podcast Host with Celeste Headlee
New Guiding Principles for Opportunity Zone Investors
Leaders: Do You Challenge Your Status Quo?
9 Marketing Trends That Will Dominate This Year
How To Keep Envy From Destroying Your Workplace
6 Tips to Help Your Journey to Retirement
Who Do You Sell to First
Forward-Looking Investing2 days ago
Moat Investing: Powered by Morningstar
Market Strategist2 days ago
We Are Not Convinced the Market Storm Has Completely Passed
Development2 days ago
Advisors: How To Answer “What Do You Do?”
Markets2 days ago
Higher Mortgage Rates, Student Loans and Nike
Equities3 days ago
7 Stocks That Pay the Largest Dividends of All That Trade on Nasdaq – Or Do They?
Advisor3 days ago
The Wizards of Wall Street vs. The Selbees from Michigan
Markets4 days ago
The Chameleons Are on the Run
Compliance4 days ago
Regulators Focusing on How Firms Identify, Monitor and Test Custody Scenarios With Client Assets