Written by: Shareen Mohammed
An organization will implement portal solution to increase productivity, but that shiny new portal is no longer new and could now be slowing down productivity!
Here are some symptoms of a portal that is slowing down employee productivity:
- The platform was built with a focus on a single department/task in mind. Making it difficult for others to utilize.
- Cannot integrate the platform with all the different tools an organization uses on a daily basis.
- There was a lack of education or training on how to use the current platform.
- Navigation throughout the tool is complex and not intuitive.
- The user experience design is not current to industry best practices.
- The platform, integrations, or vendor make upgrading the tool difficult.
- The vendor of the platform solution does not innovate. After deployment, the vendor moves onto another project and doesn’t care to improve existing platforms.
- Latency issues make the platform SLOW
- There is an inability to monitor usage. The lack of tracking results in the inability to see user adoption and optimize workflows.
- The lack of proper data caching is slowing down system processing power to load the same files every time.
If your organization’s portal solution is suffering from a few (or many) of these symptoms, it is time to evaluate the performance of your portal and the value from eliminating these issues with a new solution.
How to Build Your Hedge Fund’s Value Proposition
3 Mindset Hacks for Positive, Purposeful Growth
The Cost of Ignoring Your Emerging Leader’s Ideas
How to Get Recruiters to Notice You on LinkedIn
3 Easy Ways To Visualize Your Success
Using Social Media to Grow Traffic and Sales
Are You Overlooking These Financial Termites?
Can You Spot That One Tiny Thing?
4 Tips To Relieve Common Financial Stresses
What Outcomes will the Recent IMF Announcement Have on Digital Currencies?
Learn9 hours ago
Making Mobile Payments Pay Your Portfolio
Sales Strategy10 hours ago
Women in Sales: What Sets Them Apart
Development10 hours ago
Are You Running Your Business Like a True Professional, or Just Winging It?
Explore Investment Insights1 day ago
The Future of E-Commerce and Retail Will Be Written in China
Leadership1 day ago
The Most Effective Way to Influence Others
Financial Podcasts1 day ago
Become the Master of Your Own Time
Investing in Life2 days ago
Storyselling: Six Magic Words Guaranteed to Engage Your Clients
Development2 days ago
How to Offer More to Your Ideal Clients