At Digital Agent, we work with hundreds of Advisors to help them establish an effective and engaging online presence. Describing yourself or your brand in a way that really sells can be a daunting task. It is your ‘’About Us’’ page that introduces yourself to your website visitors, tells them what you do and builds rapport that will hopefully turn them into a client.
You don’t just want to be a name and a job title. Use your biography page to establish your credentials, showcase your expertise, and showcase some of your personality. You want to give prospects enough information to feel comfortable choosing you as an Advisor. When it comes to composing your Advisor biography, our team suggests including the following 6 points:
- Catalogue the number of years you’ve been in the business. Ex. “John Pierre has over XX years of experience in the financial services and insurance industries in the province/state of _____.”
- Highlight any clubs or committees you head or are a member of.
- List your designations and more importantly, describe what each designation covers and why your clients and prospects should value working with an Advisor that has them.
- Talk about any charitable organizations you work with or consult within.
- Describe where you grew up and what College you studied at.
- Lastly, tell your audience about your family and what you like to do for fun when you’re not in the office.
Your ‘’About Us’’ page makes your online business more human. When you add expertise and capabilities, enter new markets, join a new charity, club or committee; don’t forget to update your About Us page. Make sure your page always matches what you would say if a client were to ask you about your practice today. And remember, do no hesitate to be original and highlight your personality. This page helps to give a face and story to your business, and differentiates you from your competitors.
Bridging The Performance Management Gap With Career Pathing
Motivation and an Open Mind are Essential to Become a Great Entrepreneur
The FinCommunications Story: What’s Yours?
Marketing to Young Professionals and Athletes
Making the Distinction Between Gambling and Investing
Is Deferred Compensation Holding You Captive?
How to Start Your Journey to Be Different
The Question ‘Why’ Expands Your Opportunity
What If Magic Was Part Of Your Strategy?
Apple Has Painted Themselves Into an iPhone Corner
Explore Investment Insights10 hours ago
The Future of E-Commerce and Retail Will Be Written in China
Leadership10 hours ago
The Most Effective Way to Influence Others
Financial Podcasts10 hours ago
Become the Master of Your Own Time
Investing in Life1 day ago
Storyselling: Six Magic Words Guaranteed to Engage Your Clients
Development1 day ago
How to Offer More to Your Ideal Clients
Solutions1 day ago
Top 4 Themes in Impact Investing Right Now
Investments2 days ago
Global Equity Views 4Q 2018
Development2 days ago
How To Deliver Value During Prospect Engagement