Boost your search engine rankings by following these current SEO trends.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of directing traffic from free and organic results on search engines to your website. SEO can be classified in following three categories:
- Generated Traffic Quality: SEO attracts quality visitors to your website.
- Quality of Traffic: Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) will bring quality traffic to your website.
- Organic Results: Free traffic that makes up a significant portion of many SERPs.
Here are some of the SEO trends we foresee for 2018:
1. Voice search features will be used more often.
Almost 20 percent of all mobile online searches are conducted by voice activation. This number is projected to reach 50 percent by 2020. Accordingly, internet search algorithms prioritize voice-activated questions over those entered on the keyboard.
2. Google and web analytics will gain prominence.
Google continues to collaborate with user-friendly websites to provide an engaging experience. This is where Google and web analytics converge. If your website shows a heavy bounce rate, this might indicate a need to improve your website. Web analytics will help you monitor your incoming traffic and if it declines, you may need to improve how you position your website.
3. Helpful, optimized content will continue to be the most valued website feature.
Content that gives users what they need, provides what they want and solves their problems is the most desirable and valuable. Your content should be systematically optimized for search engines. Keywords should be placed properly:
- Tags: Title tag, meta description tag, H1-H4 tag
- Image names and alt tags
4. Conversion rates will help inform design improvements.
For monitoring conversion rates, you will need to attach UTM tracking codes to each of your major links and carefully monitor everything in Google Analytics. One of the indicators is the Heat Map, which allows you to identify opportunities to improve your site design.
5. Websites will continue to become more mobile-friendly.
Google plans to introduce their mobile-first index. The plan is currently shrouded in secrecy, but will play a critical role in ranking websites. To make your website more mobile-friendly, invest in a website with responsive design which will help it load more efficiently.
6. Brand building will inspire audience trust.
Brand building is an essential part of any long-term SEO strategy. To earn your customers’ trust, you need to offer them a positive experience. Monitor your brand reputation so that harmful reviews or negative comments can be addressed quickly.
7. Google continues to develop context designing.
Google has been analyzing its search quality evaluator guidelines with the goal of differentiating between the searches of both desktop and mobile users. Therefore, the most effective mobile websites are designed and developed based on the behavior and habits of its users. A flexible website framework may respond better to new guidelines and be better prepared to mitigate the potentially adverse effects of these Google updates.
Here are some tips to help you adapt to these trends:
- To help search engines interpret and organize the information on your web pages, consider marking up your website with Schema.org markup.
- Prioritize keeping on top of off-page SEO.
- Establish an engaging web presence.
- Use a web crawler tool to check for issues.
- Last, but not least, improve your site speed.
11 Most Read IRIS Articles of the Week!
The Cornerstone of Effective Marketing Is Understanding Your Niche
Find Your Why, Before You Give
How Will Asset Managers Find Ways to Distribute Going Forward?
Get Real: Stepping off the Hamster Wheel of Life
The Culture Perception Gaps Between Executives and Employees
Get Naked With Your Money: Wrinkles, Bulges And All!
Do This To Complete Your Vital Activities Each Day
Traditional Retailers Are Failing And It’s Not Amazon’s Fault
Why Following Someone Else’s Plan Never Works
Advisor1 day ago
Cybersecurity and Privacy: Tips for People with Substantial Wealth
Brand Strategy1 day ago
A Different Way To Think About Leverage
Equities1 day ago
What You Need to Know about Investing in Healthcare AI
Markets2 days ago
The Fed’s Next Move May Be No Move at All
Markets2 days ago
Why The Next Recession Will Be Different
Equities2 days ago
What You’re Not Hearing About the China Trade War
Development2 days ago
The Best Practice Management Idea of the Year
Advisor3 days ago
Homer Simpson vs Mr. Burns