Let’s say you’ve just completed an educational white paper on a topic of clear and compelling interest to your existing and potential best new clients.
How do you promote and distribute it? Do you put it in clear plastic and hang it on doors? Slide it under windshield wipers? Drop it from airplanes?
Promoting a white paper (sometimes called an eBook or Investors Guide) goes beyond the first step of emailing it to your current clients.
People digest content in different ways. The more and better you repurpose it and distribute it, the more buzz you’ll create.
Try these tactics to elevate your white paper’s visibility, buzz-ability and overall usefulness:
1. Repurpose each chapter into a blog post.
2. Post the paper as a call to action on your website home page.
3. Pitch to a reporter at an influential news publication so they can place it or interview you on the topic.
4. Write an article for a leading trade publication, and add a link to the paper.
5. Write a headline and tweet it out with an image of the paper.
6. Create a Twitter web card with tips from the paper.
7. Design an infographic based on the paper’s tips, tricks, or quotes.
8. Post a chapter or chapters on SlideShare.
9. Post the cover on Instagram.
10. Share a snippet of it on Google+
11. Write a LinkedIn article based on the content.
12. Take the content and make it into a video.
13. Sell it on Amazon.
14. Place the book in the Resources (or Library) section of your website.
15. Create an online CTA for the white paper within another relevant blog post.
16. Give a printed edition to prospective investors at seminars, events, and in- person meeting.
17. Launch it as an audio book.
18. Create a podcast around the topic of the book.
19. Host a webinar.
20. Write a guest blog post for sites covering the topic.
21. Get it on a USB drive and give it away at conferences, seminars, and booth exhibits.
22. Promote it in your weekly email to existing subscribers.
23. Feature the content as part of your lead nurturing email campaign to potential investors.
24. If you do a radio broadcast, craft a feature segment on the main topic.
25. Turn it into a PowerPoint presentation.
Can you think of more ways to share your white paper?
The Market Isn’t Likely To Run Out Of Runway Anytime Soon
Cracking The Kindness Code: The Quest To Define Self-Compassion
How to Build Best-in-Class Websites with an Editorial Ethos
5 Non-Obvious Ways to Improve Your Sales
Know the Facts Before Considering an Annuity?
Use Strong Words to Use to Let Your Clients Know How Your Business Operates
54% of Americans Own a Life Insurance Policy, But One-Third Not Exactly Sure How It Works
3 No-Cost Creative Lead Generation Ideas You Can Implement Today
Six Reasons Why You Are Not A Strong Leader
When to Start Social Security for Singles, Marrieds, and Survivors
Equities21 hours ago
Value Investors Must Remain Confident When Your Strategy Does Not Appear to Be Working
Operational Excellence21 hours ago
How a $1.9B Firm Went From Losing Clients and Profits to Retaining and Growing
Leadership22 hours ago
Woman: When Will We Be More Than Enough In Business?
Learn2 days ago
Tapping The Unmet Medical Needs Investment Opportunity
Public Relations2 days ago
ETFs Versus Mutual Funds: What’s the Difference?
Learn2 days ago
Bitcoin Will Lose 50% of Its Market Share to Ethereum in Five Years
Learn3 days ago
A Better Alternative For Diversified Alternatives
Insights3 days ago
Small Business Owners Feel Excluded from the American Dream