An insider’s guide to what it takes to get from here to there in the independent space.
Shirl Penney, President and CEO of Dynasty Financial Partners, joins Mindy to share insights from his own unique entrepreneurial mindset, and vast industry knowledge and experience as the founder of Dynasty.
Together they discuss:
- The role service providers play in supporting both breakaway advisors and established RIAs.
- The options for advisors who want the freedom of independence while also accessing capital.
- The benefits of separating financial advice from custody and product.
- Common fears and misconceptions advisors have about independence.
- Why UHNW advisors – and their clients – are increasingly turning down the brand names of traditional brokerages for the RIA space.
- His thoughts on the future of independence and its role in the growth of the wealth management industry.
- And much more.
Shirl’s knowledge of the independent space – specifically what it takes to get from here to there – is exceptional, and his backstory unique and inspiring. He paints a compelling picture about what’s driving the momentum toward independence. As he describes it, a level playing field with respect to the ability to build a customized client-centric firm, the expanded role of the custodians, the acceleration of product access, and the unprecedented value creation opportunity has generated the perfect storm for breakaway advisors and independent business owners.
And it’s a storm that’s not likely to end anytime soon.
How the Financial Services Industry Is Successfully Reaching Women
The Easiest Mass-Market Entry Point for CBD May Be Topical Creams
Is Diversifying into Real Estate Right for You?
A Buyable Trough in Semiconductor Orders?
5 Signs That You Need to Adjust Your Management Style
Know Your Weaknesses To Boost Your Success
Were You Fired? 8 Rules to Keep in Mind When Answering This Question
6 Tips To Enhance Your Presentation Skills
Harness the Potent Power of Business Storytelling
How to Be a Winner in Retirement
Development9 hours ago
4 Things Make It Easy for Prospects to Say YES
Marketing9 hours ago
10 Things to Remember When Meeting with Potential Investors
Development9 hours ago
A Best-of-All-Worlds Model: Full-Service Independence with Equity Upside
Equities22 hours ago
The Economics of Happiness
Development1 day ago
The 5 Top Reasons Advisors Should Pick a Niche
Research1 day ago
What Americans Really Think About Cryptocurrency
Advisor3 days ago
Financial Planning Needs to Be Ongoing Instead of Episodic
Research3 days ago
What the Fed Said to Spook the Markets