An inside perspective on why independence continues to be the hottest ticket in town, and what we can expect for the space going forward.
David Canter, Executive Vice President and head of the RIA segment at Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions, joins Mindy to explore the mindset and motivations of the increasing number of advisors making the move to independence, as well as the expanding role custodians play in the space (Hint: It’s no longer solely about safe asset custody).
Together they discuss:
- The key factors behind the momentum of multi-billion dollar teams moving to independence.
- The ability to enhance efficiency and client experience through customized technology solutions, products and more.
- The difference between thinking as a fiduciary and actually acting as a fiduciary—and how that matters.
- The real benefits of independence for clients and advisors alike.
- The questions you need to ask yourself to understand if independence is right for you and your clients.
- And more.
As an added bonus, David shares a template for advisors on how to explain a move to independence to their clients, communicating how such a move will help them realize their financial and life goals. And because David believes that the RIA space will only continue to grow, that’s a conversation we expect more and more advisors to have with their clients in upcoming years.
Beware of the Energy Vampires
When Financial Goals Aren’t Enough!
Finding Senior Care on Limited Budgets
What Is a Key Employee and Why Are They So Critical?
Listening to Understand Is to Stand Under
What Support Looks Like in Leadership
Don’t Make Your Financial Content Buzzkill
Legacy Vendors Are a Bigger Issue Than Legacy Systems
Are You Aware of These Nine Risks to Your Portfolio?
Catching People Doing What’s Right Along the Customer Experience Journey
Learn15 hours ago
A Surprising Post-Election Investment Idea
Development16 hours ago
The Extraordinary Power of the First 90 Days
Digital Strategy16 hours ago
FINRA and Compliance In The Era of Fake News
Building Smarter Portfolios2 days ago
Beware the “Known-Unknowns”
Learn2 days ago
Cybersecurity Without The Commitment
Development2 days ago
How Freedom Resulted in $300mm to $800mm in Just 8 Years
Insights4 days ago
How to Start Your Journey to Be Different
Advisor4 days ago
11 Ways the New Tax Law Could Help or Hurt Your Tax Return