Here is yet another article that illustrates the financial problems that await women in retirement.
Apparently the pay gap begins in childhood. But the real consequence of this type of discrimination is that women will be left with little to no financial resources to take care of their needs in retirement.
Ladies, I keep saying this over and over, we need to be relentless about creating our own financial security for retirement. There are options available for safeguarding your financial future.
The key points:
- 40 percent of single women will retire into poverty
- The reality of women’s working life is that they simply will not generate the same level of retirement savings as men simply by working
- Women who graduate with a bachelor degree can expect to earn $1.5 million less over a lifetime
- Women make up 42 percent of the workforce and earn 17.2 per cent less
- Too many women will retire into poverty unless we take some very firm steps to address this
Isn’t it interesting that this article was published just two days before International Women’s Day?
Referrals for Financial Advisors Aren’t Dead, But They Need to Evolve. Here’s How.
This Thanksgiving Remember Your WHY
Beware of the Energy Vampires
When Financial Goals Aren’t Enough!
Finding Senior Care on Limited Budgets
What Is a Key Employee and Why Are They So Critical?
Listening to Understand Is to Stand Under
What Support Looks Like in Leadership
Don’t Make Your Financial Content Buzzkill
Legacy Vendors Are a Bigger Issue Than Legacy Systems
Learn24 hours ago
A Surprising Post-Election Investment Idea
Development24 hours ago
The Extraordinary Power of the First 90 Days
Digital Strategy24 hours ago
FINRA and Compliance In The Era of Fake News
Building Smarter Portfolios2 days ago
Beware the “Known-Unknowns”
Learn2 days ago
Cybersecurity Without The Commitment
Development2 days ago
How Freedom Resulted in $300mm to $800mm in Just 8 Years
Insights4 days ago
How to Start Your Journey to Be Different
Advisor4 days ago
11 Ways the New Tax Law Could Help or Hurt Your Tax Return