Your reputation is who you are and how you show up, Monday to Monday®. Many of us take our image and reputation for granted. Give careful thought to the kind of reputation that you would be proud of Monday to Monday® and that would resonate with your purpose and priorities.
This is what makes your reputation authentic. What do you want to be known for? What do you want people to think when someone says, “Hey, do you know [your name]?” These are critical questions that need deliberate answers. When you get clear about what you stand for, it is easy to be you Monday to Monday®.
Everything you do and say is a reflection of you. Your name is attached to everything you communicate, whether spoken or written, meeting agenda or email, podcast or social media post. You owe it to yourself to be accountable for the communication you put out there and make sure it is consistent with how you want people to perceive you.
If you have any kind of social media account, give serious thought to every message, picture and post. Think through how your message could be received and perceived by others, especially those who don’t know you. Ask yourself, “Would I be smart to put this on a billboard in the middle of Times Square?” If the answer is “no,” then it’s not smart to post it on social media, either. If you are ever in doubt about whether to post something, ask for feedback from someone you trust.
Today, commit to building and maintaining your reputation by doing the following:
- List two to three adjectives that describe how you want to be perceived by others.
- Ask a few individuals to tell you one word that describes how they perceive you. Does that word match one of the adjectives you wrote down?
- Before you walk out the door each morning, look in the mirror. What kind of first impression will you make? Do you represent the personal brand you described above? If not, make the change needed to be consistent.
- Write down three action steps you can take to grow your personal brand and show up consistently, Monday to Monday.
- This week check all your social media profiles to ensure they are aligned with your personal brand and promote a positive reputation.
6 Ways to Unwind This Holiday Season
It’s Never Too Soon to Start Estate Planning
Fiduciary and Best Interest Are Not Synonyms
7 Ways to Avoid Arguments During the Holiday Season
The Biggest Risk for Business Owners
A New Wrinkle in the U.S. — China Trade Dispute
Want To Make An Impact? Lead With Humble Pie
How to Go One Step Further with Your 2019 Strategic Plan
Can Verizon Overcome the Acquisition of Aol and Yahoo – That Never Made Sense
What Makes a Great Whitepaper?
Development17 hours ago
Building an RIA Firm for Maximum Value from an Investment Banker’s Perspective
Development17 hours ago
Good? Fast? or Cheap? What Sort of Advice Is It Going to Be?
Financial Podcasts17 hours ago
MarketCounsel Summit Series: The Most Important Data Questions Advisors Are Not Asking—with George Svagera
Financial Podcasts2 days ago
MarketCounsel Summit Series: Turn Fearful Clients into Fearless Investors with Aaron Klein
Research2 days ago
What Brexit and the Ongoing Problems in the European Union Mean For Investors
Building Smarter Portfolios2 days ago
Merger Arbitration Strategies and Protection
Advisor3 days ago
How to Budget for the Holidays
Social Selling3 days ago
As a Salesman I Taught Myself to Market … and You Should Too!