Your reputation is who you are and how you show up, Monday to Monday®. Many of us take our image and reputation for granted. Give careful thought to the kind of reputation that you would be proud of Monday to Monday® and that would resonate with your purpose and priorities.
This is what makes your reputation authentic. What do you want to be known for? What do you want people to think when someone says, “Hey, do you know [your name]?” These are critical questions that need deliberate answers. When you get clear about what you stand for, it is easy to be you Monday to Monday®.
Everything you do and say is a reflection of you. Your name is attached to everything you communicate, whether spoken or written, meeting agenda or email, podcast or social media post. You owe it to yourself to be accountable for the communication you put out there and make sure it is consistent with how you want people to perceive you.
If you have any kind of social media account, give serious thought to every message, picture and post. Think through how your message could be received and perceived by others, especially those who don’t know you. Ask yourself, “Would I be smart to put this on a billboard in the middle of Times Square?” If the answer is “no,” then it’s not smart to post it on social media, either. If you are ever in doubt about whether to post something, ask for feedback from someone you trust.
Today, commit to building and maintaining your reputation by doing the following:
- List two to three adjectives that describe how you want to be perceived by others.
- Ask a few individuals to tell you one word that describes how they perceive you. Does that word match one of the adjectives you wrote down?
- Before you walk out the door each morning, look in the mirror. What kind of first impression will you make? Do you represent the personal brand you described above? If not, make the change needed to be consistent.
- Write down three action steps you can take to grow your personal brand and show up consistently, Monday to Monday.
- This week check all your social media profiles to ensure they are aligned with your personal brand and promote a positive reputation.
Charitable Planning Can Be a Win-Win-Win
Wind Projects Open Their Sails With Tax Breaks Set to Expire
What Do People Who Are “Not Like the Others” Do?
5 Actions for Leaders to Take When Their World Is Imploding
Gold Is Being Manipulated. But to What Extent?
Craps: The Perfect Metaphor For Success
What’s in a Title? Six Tips to Avoid Undermining Women
Building Better Relationships: Why Saying “No Thank You” is Important
Which is the Most Important Sales Metric?
Financial Independence Has Nothing to Do with Being a Millionaire
Strategies15 hours ago
The Passive Bubble: Buybacks and ETFs
Development15 hours ago
How Advisors Can Keep Their Motivation Going Long Term
Forward-Looking Investing16 hours ago
When Did You Own Facebook?
Equities2 days ago
Development2 days ago
How to Get Your Network Working For You
Development2 days ago
7 Things Advisors Need to Know About Succession Planning
Let's Solve It3 days ago
Do the Recent Trade Tensions Matter for the U.S. Economy?
Research3 days ago
What Every Investor Can Learn From Buffett’s $4.3 Billion Mistake