Your reputation is who you are and how you show up, Monday to Monday®. Many of us take our image and reputation for granted. Give careful thought to the kind of reputation that you would be proud of Monday to Monday® and that would resonate with your purpose and priorities.
This is what makes your reputation authentic. What do you want to be known for? What do you want people to think when someone says, “Hey, do you know [your name]?” These are critical questions that need deliberate answers. When you get clear about what you stand for, it is easy to be you Monday to Monday®.
Everything you do and say is a reflection of you. Your name is attached to everything you communicate, whether spoken or written, meeting agenda or email, podcast or social media post. You owe it to yourself to be accountable for the communication you put out there and make sure it is consistent with how you want people to perceive you.
If you have any kind of social media account, give serious thought to every message, picture and post. Think through how your message could be received and perceived by others, especially those who don’t know you. Ask yourself, “Would I be smart to put this on a billboard in the middle of Times Square?” If the answer is “no,” then it’s not smart to post it on social media, either. If you are ever in doubt about whether to post something, ask for feedback from someone you trust.
Today, commit to building and maintaining your reputation by doing the following:
- List two to three adjectives that describe how you want to be perceived by others.
- Ask a few individuals to tell you one word that describes how they perceive you. Does that word match one of the adjectives you wrote down?
- Before you walk out the door each morning, look in the mirror. What kind of first impression will you make? Do you represent the personal brand you described above? If not, make the change needed to be consistent.
- Write down three action steps you can take to grow your personal brand and show up consistently, Monday to Monday.
- This week check all your social media profiles to ensure they are aligned with your personal brand and promote a positive reputation.
7 Pieces of Real Life Sales Advice Everyone In Sales Should Know
Women: Not All Professional Storms Are In The Forecast
Change the Way You Think About Finding the Right People
3 Free Resources That All Small Companies Should Be Using
Are Your Clients Going to Pay More for Medicare?
How to Overcome Common Business Mistakes
5 Startup Friendly States Worth Relocating To
What Was Working in Sales, Isn’t Working Anymore
Work Ethic Isn’t Something That Can Be Turned on and Turned Off
If You Can Do This, You’ll Be In An Optimal Position
Let's Solve It12 hours ago
Is Inflation Really Dead?
Markets12 hours ago
Could Cyclicals Make a Comeback in 2019
Equities12 hours ago
US Technology Sector is Setting Up for A Momentum Breakout Move
FinTech2 days ago
The Next Global Financial Meltdown Is Just Around the Corner
Advisor2 days ago
Stay Away From Dumb Money: The Crowd Is Rarely Right
Markets2 days ago
We’re in a Danger Zone for Investors Over the Long-Term
Markets3 days ago
Long-Term Investors: The S&P 500 Is Not Your Friend. Here’s Why.
Development3 days ago
Again, and Again, and Again: The Way to Build a Great Advisory