The majority of us get caught up in our own head, getting trapped in the negative talk that takes control of our conversations.
- “What if I don’t know what to say?”
- “What if I forget what to say?”
- “What if I say something wrong?”
Overcome your “what ifs?” Trust your competence and know you’ll have the answer.
Where to begin?
- Focus outward rather than inward. Focus on what experiences you want to create for your listeners that goes beyond interaction. When you put your energy into how you can help your listeners solve a problem or make a change, your focus is redirected away from yourself and getting caught up in the “what ifs.”
- Get comfortable with silence. Continuous talking creates frustration for you and your listeners. Your listeners crave the silence to understand and comprehend. Trust that you need time to adapt your message on the fly to meet your listeners’ needs. Without silence created through pauses, you will forget what to say and get off track.
- Live in the now. Avoid the temptation of getting ahead of yourself during a conversation. Instead, stay focused on what your listeners are saying and asking for. This will allow you to communicate a message that your listeners resonate with and want to act on.
6 Ways to Unwind This Holiday Season
It’s Never Too Soon to Start Estate Planning
Fiduciary and Best Interest Are Not Synonyms
7 Ways to Avoid Arguments During the Holiday Season
The Biggest Risk for Business Owners
A New Wrinkle in the U.S. — China Trade Dispute
Want To Make An Impact? Lead With Humble Pie
How to Go One Step Further with Your 2019 Strategic Plan
Can Verizon Overcome the Acquisition of Aol and Yahoo – That Never Made Sense
What Makes a Great Whitepaper?
Development16 hours ago
Building an RIA Firm for Maximum Value from an Investment Banker’s Perspective
Development16 hours ago
Good? Fast? or Cheap? What Sort of Advice Is It Going to Be?
Financial Podcasts16 hours ago
MarketCounsel Summit Series: The Most Important Data Questions Advisors Are Not Asking—with George Svagera
Financial Podcasts2 days ago
MarketCounsel Summit Series: Turn Fearful Clients into Fearless Investors with Aaron Klein
Research2 days ago
What Brexit and the Ongoing Problems in the European Union Mean For Investors
Building Smarter Portfolios2 days ago
Merger Arbitration Strategies and Protection
Advisor2 days ago
How to Budget for the Holidays
Social Selling3 days ago
As a Salesman I Taught Myself to Market … and You Should Too!