Written by: Bryan Shelmon
Stress plays a major role in everyone’s life. We all experience high levels of stress at various points in our lives, but how we deal with it can be critical to our health. Stress has been proven to lead to – or worsen – a number of health conditions, including high blood pressure, heart disease, depression, and even Alzheimer’s disease. That’s why many doctors warn people to avoid stress-inducing activities.
It’s the concept of avoiding by confronting.
On today’s episode, I’m sharing this concept with you and how you can avoid stress-induced illnesses by identifying and confronting the triggers of your stress. I’ll also share how confronting burden and competition can play a role in your stress levels and what you can do to avoid them.
“We forget how helpful we could be if we could just take care of ourselves.” – Naketa Thigpen
This Week on Balance Boldly:
- Types of stress-inducing activities you should avoid
- Strategies for dealing with stress
- The importance of taking time for gratitude and keeping your perspective
- Avoiding burden by confronting with forgiveness
- The importance of forgiving yourself – as well as others
- Why it’s important to confront awkward conversations to find a place of resolve
- Avoiding competition by confronting why you are afraid of camaraderie
- Focus on the moment
- Keep your perspective and gratitude
- Be forgiving
- Avoid competition; embrace camaraderie
A Little Gentle Honesty:
- You don’t owe anyone anything – including your emotional space
- Confront the fact that you may be burdened by anger and frustration partially because you are not forgiving something or someone
- Sometimes we are in competition mode because we are afraid other people will expose our vulnerable areas
3 Niches Advisors Should Consider
When to Stop Investing in Prospects
Understanding the Principle of Least Privilege in Cybersecurity
Reach, Engage, and Earn The Female Dollar
Do You Argue with Your Spouse About Money? Read This!
3 Mining Stocks for Investors Seeking Gold Exposure
How to Be the Bearer of Bad News
How Effective Is Technology in the Realm of Personal Finance?
11 Laws of Trading to Win on Wall Street and Main Street
Why People Say So Many Things Are Common Sense Then Ignore It
Research12 hours ago
Trump’s Trade War Is Good for These 3 Dividend Stocks
Development12 hours ago
The Truth About Getting to the Next Level as an Advisor
Building Smarter Portfolios12 hours ago
Building the Case for Small Caps
Research2 days ago
Where Will We Get the Money to Pay for This Spending?
Human Performance2 days ago
You Are Your Ideal Client
Exit Planning3 days ago
How to Find and Retain Next-Level Management
Development3 days ago
How to Think like the Best Advisors in the Business
Research4 days ago
Reaction to Growing Number of Millionaires