Take Action This Week
1. Audio record yourself at least five times this week. Listen to your playback.
- What are your filler words and phrases?
- When do you say too much or take too long to get to the point?
- Where in your message can you pause longer?
2. Ask someone you can trust to interactively coach you when you use filler words or you don’t pause.
3. Write your filler words and the word Pause in your meeting notes, visual aids or at your desk to remind you to communicate with brevity.
4. Drop me a note to share the action steps you will commit to this month to communicate with brevity.
Signs of Slowing Economy Continue to Mount
11 Most Read IRIS Articles of the Week!
3 Strategies to Feel More in Control of Your Investments in 2019
3 Life Insights From the Jeff and Mackenzie Bezos Divorce
Weekend Warriors: Ortho Regenerative Technologies Begins Final Animal Studies in Rotator Cuff Repair
Advisors: A New Way to Build Trust With Your Audience on Social Media
4 Tips to Get Over Your Fears of Being on Camera
Top 7 Questions To Identify Core Leadership Skills
How Technology Is Helping Clients Take a Bigger Role Than Ever
What Happens When Labour Gets Commoditized
Markets1 day ago
Long-Term Investors: The S&P 500 Is Not Your Friend. Here’s Why.
Development1 day ago
Again, and Again, and Again: The Way to Build a Great Advisory
Advisor Marketing1 day ago
How to Integrate a Robo-Advisor Offering on Your Website
Equities2 days ago
MIT Says 2019 the Year That Blockchain Goes Mainstream
Sales Strategy2 days ago
The “Polite” Prospect Can Be the Most Difficult Prospect
Human Performance2 days ago
6 Techniques to Close Deals Faster
Markets3 days ago
Is the Market Rising Due to the Lack of Bad News Screaming at Us?
Markets3 days ago
The Early Bird Sells too Soon