A new report from Everyday Health provides us with even more insight on our serious stress situation. I am delighted to have been asked to serve as an advisor for Everyday Health in the review and interpretation of the report, and even more excited to help develop integrative tools to help readers transform stress for good.
If you’re interested in reading the full report, you can access it here.
To read the announcement of my role as a scientific advisor, check this out.
And, if you want to learn more about your own Stress Style, take this short quiz.
- Almost one-third of those surveyed say they visited a doctor about something stress-related.
- 57% of the survey respondents say they are paralyzed by stress; 43% say they are invigorated by stress.
- 51% of the women surveyed say they don’t see friends at all in an average week.
- 59% of baby boomers have never been diagnosed with a mental health issue; 52% of Gen Zers already have been.
- Just over a third of all respondents say their job or career is a regular source of stress. Among millennials and Gen Zers, the chronically work-stressed rises to 44%.
- More than half of women (51%) say they feel bad about their appearance weekly, and 28% say their appearance regularly causes them stress. Only 34% of men say they feel bad about their appearance weekly.
- 52% of respondents say financial issues regularly stress them out, well above the 35% who cited jobs and careers as the next most common stressor.
- 47% of all respondents — with women and men almost evenly matched — say that their response to stress is to take it out on themselves.
Will the Fed Cut Rates?
How to Grow as a Financial Services Marketer
Why Companies’ CSR Efforts Fail
Manage Like a Coach Not a Boss
What Does the Fourth Industrial Revolution Mean for Healthcare?
Are You Building Your Path to Greatness?
The Top 7 Paying Cybersecurity Careers
Every Action Has An Equal And Opposite Reaction
Cracking the Code to Customer Devotion with Shawn Moon
How To Improve Productivity In The Workplace
Equities21 hours ago
These 4 Stocks Are Pointing Higher
Development21 hours ago
6 Things Banks Taught Us About Building A Super Profitable Business
FinTech21 hours ago
The Logic of Digital Change
Permission to Succeed2 days ago
A Liquid Commodity for Diamonds with Cormac Kinney
Building Smarter Portfolios2 days ago
Why Insured Municipal Bonds Make Sense Today
Advisor Marketing2 days ago
Why You Should Treat Your Content Like Atoms in Financial Services
Development4 days ago
Do You Understand the True Value of Advice?
Advisor Marketing4 days ago
How Often Should Financial Advisors Blog?