I, like many of you, like information in the simplest and most efficient way possible.
If I want or need further explanation, I will ask for it or go look for it myself. It is in that belief that I wanted to share with you 5 very simple but very effective techniques, when used as described, that will make your job as the leader easier and more significant.
These techniques were developed over the span of my corporate career and from my work with my many and diverse coaching clients, and…from the many mistakes that I have made along the way.
- When given a task that you need more information about, never ask questions right away. First, have a meeting with yourself to think through the desired outcome. Consider what needs to be done first, why it needs to be done, by whom, and by when.
- If something bad is going on, speak up. Don’t try to cover it up or fix it yourself to avoid an unpleasant conversation. if you speak up in time, any situation can be addressed before it gets really bad.
- What are you going to know in two weeks that you don’t know today? How is waiting going to help you make a decision? Successful people don’t spend a lot of time studying all sides of a circle.
- Never put off making a tough and unpopular decision. Take action and move on. Hesitating or taking small meaningless actions only makes matters worse.
- Anyone can become a go-to person. It requires first the recognition of where you are. Second, a recognition of where you want to be, and third, asking yourself who you need to be to do the things necessary to achieve the best and right results.
If you find knowledge like this helpful and would like more of it, then watch for my new (and 5th) book – “The Go-To Person’s Guide to Success” – which will be released before the end of the month! Watch for the details and my special offer for those who act quickly.
Editors’ Choice: Why These Articles Were Great!
Most Read IRIS Articles of the Week: October 15-19
Why Not Make Every Greeting a Vigorous One?
Transform Your Body by Completely Renewing Your Mind
Helping Clients Get the Best Price for Medicare
The Advantages of Working with a Counselor Turned Financial Planner
When to Be Hands-On, When to Be Hands-Off
Video Interview Tips for Job Seekers
5 Reasons to Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Divvy Looks to Disrupt Home Buying: It a Good Thing Right Now?
Exit Planning2 days ago
The 2 Questions Business Owners Must Ask to Protect the Business
Sales Strategy2 days ago
5 Lessons Salespeople Can Learn From Police Interrogators
Development2 days ago
Advisors: Develop Measurement That Really Matters
Investments3 days ago
Low Volatility Returns To The Limelight
Insights3 days ago
If You Can’t Reason With People, Attack Their Heart
Brand Strategy3 days ago
10 Tips to Get Buy-In for Your Marketing Ideas
Let's Solve It4 days ago
3 Reasons to Loosen the Constraints of Your Bond Portfolio
Behavioral Intelligence4 days ago
When Botox Affects Your Portfolio