I, like many of you, like information in the simplest and most efficient way possible.
If I want or need further explanation, I will ask for it or go look for it myself. It is in that belief that I wanted to share with you 5 very simple but very effective techniques, when used as described, that will make your job as the leader easier and more significant.
These techniques were developed over the span of my corporate career and from my work with my many and diverse coaching clients, and…from the many mistakes that I have made along the way.
- When given a task that you need more information about, never ask questions right away. First, have a meeting with yourself to think through the desired outcome. Consider what needs to be done first, why it needs to be done, by whom, and by when.
- If something bad is going on, speak up. Don’t try to cover it up or fix it yourself to avoid an unpleasant conversation. if you speak up in time, any situation can be addressed before it gets really bad.
- What are you going to know in two weeks that you don’t know today? How is waiting going to help you make a decision? Successful people don’t spend a lot of time studying all sides of a circle.
- Never put off making a tough and unpopular decision. Take action and move on. Hesitating or taking small meaningless actions only makes matters worse.
- Anyone can become a go-to person. It requires first the recognition of where you are. Second, a recognition of where you want to be, and third, asking yourself who you need to be to do the things necessary to achieve the best and right results.
If you find knowledge like this helpful and would like more of it, then watch for my new (and 5th) book – “The Go-To Person’s Guide to Success” – which will be released before the end of the month! Watch for the details and my special offer for those who act quickly.
Does Your Money Intention Match Your Money Attention?
The 10 Advantages of Becoming More Emotionally Intelligent
A Tool That Helps Prepare Vets for Civilian Employment
The One Behavior to Make a Difference in the Ability to Impact the Lives of Others
8 Tips for Delivering Your Portfolio Manager Commentaries Faster
Who Are You Serving?
Your To-Do List Won’t Suffer When You Do This Too
How to Budget for the Holidays
2019 Will Be a Pivotal Year for Asset Managers
An Employee Advocacy Program Can Make Your Content Go Viral
Equities23 hours ago
These Oil Stocks Are Ticking Time Bombs
Building Smarter Portfolios23 hours ago
The Market’s Wild Ride
Human Performance23 hours ago
5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Productivity At Work
Equities2 days ago
Bubble, Meet Pin; It’s Just the Beginning of the Downslide
Market Strategist2 days ago
Don’t Be Boxed Into Style Boxes
Development2 days ago
As an Advisor, Are You “The Great Communicator?”
Equities3 days ago
This Is the End of Trump’s Economic Sugar High
Development3 days ago
When You Cannot Think of a Better Way to Market Yourself, Try This…