I’ve always encouraged clients, readers and audiences to control their daily destiny by owning the first 15 to 20 minutes of each day before they “officially” start – you know, answering e-mails; text messages and responding to missed calls. These first 15 to 20 minutes are really designed to help you get the right mindset in place for the day. I believe that your mindset will determine the type of day you will have. Hence whatever you can do to put in place the right one, you should do. Right?
So here are 7 very simple steps you can take. As you will note, they represent positive and specific “self-talk.”
- No matter what happens today that was not planned or is a “surprise” I will be able to handle it.
- I will be the master of the day’s events and will not allow them to victimize me.
- The 3 most important tasks (goals) that I will accomplish today are: (list them preferably in a journal that you will keep in a visible place on your desk).
- I will say “No” to any and all distractions (i.e., people or activities not related to my top 3 tasks/goals) that could cause me to lose focus, waste my time and prevent me from achieving my top 3 tasks/goals.
- My time is “My Time” and I alone “own it.” Only I can share it with others if I determine to do so.
- Clarity and focus are two of the keys to my success. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, stressed and confused I will take a 10-minute break, change the scenery and ask myself the following:
Am I working on the right thing now and will it get me closer to my goals?
Can someone else do it or does it have to be done at all either now or later?
What’s one thing I can do right now to get back on track? Then do it!
- The other keys to my success are self-discipline. Do what needs to be done:
Persistence—never quit or give up;
Resilience—bounce back from setbacks or obstacles; and
Concentration—the ability to focus time and energy on what really matters and should be done first.
Does Your Money Intention Match Your Money Attention?
The 10 Advantages of Becoming More Emotionally Intelligent
A Tool That Helps Prepare Vets for Civilian Employment
The One Behavior to Make a Difference in the Ability to Impact the Lives of Others
8 Tips for Delivering Your Portfolio Manager Commentaries Faster
Who Are You Serving?
Your To-Do List Won’t Suffer When You Do This Too
How to Budget for the Holidays
2019 Will Be a Pivotal Year for Asset Managers
An Employee Advocacy Program Can Make Your Content Go Viral
Equities17 hours ago
These Oil Stocks Are Ticking Time Bombs
Building Smarter Portfolios17 hours ago
The Market’s Wild Ride
Human Performance17 hours ago
5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Productivity At Work
Equities2 days ago
Bubble, Meet Pin; It’s Just the Beginning of the Downslide
Market Strategist2 days ago
Don’t Be Boxed Into Style Boxes
Development2 days ago
As an Advisor, Are You “The Great Communicator?”
Equities3 days ago
This Is the End of Trump’s Economic Sugar High
Development3 days ago
When You Cannot Think of a Better Way to Market Yourself, Try This…