Every successful entrepreneur has one important common characteristic: They have goals and use them to achieve desired results.
I often say, “Without goals, you are like a ship without a rudder, constantly at the mercy of the winds, waves and currents.”
Two important components of success are that you first must know where you are; and second, have a clear idea of where you want to get to, that is, your goal.
The bottom line is very simple: Winners spend a great deal of time thinking about what they want and what they have to do to achieve it.
So, how do you go about setting and achieving goals?
Follow these 5 steps to get you started:
- Goals must be specific, measurable, achievable and realistic, and have a time deadline.
- Identify the resources you will need to achieve the goal; this can include help from others.
- Identify what obstacles you might encounter (and how you will handle them) that could prevent you from achieving your goal.
- Identify one to three ways that you could achieve your goal; then, pick the best way to move forward.
- Identify all of the tasks you will need to undertake, and organize them based on your timeline. Remember, a number of little things done correctly and consistently will result in big successes.
Sounds pretty simple right? Well it is, but setting and achieving your goals requires the discipline to stay committed to seeing it through to the end.
How to Plan for Major Life Transitions
How to Build Your Hedge Fund’s Value Proposition
3 Mindset Hacks for Positive, Purposeful Growth
The Cost of Ignoring Your Emerging Leader’s Ideas
How to Get Recruiters to Notice You on LinkedIn
3 Easy Ways To Visualize Your Success
Using Social Media to Grow Traffic and Sales
Are You Overlooking These Financial Termites?
Can You Spot That One Tiny Thing?
4 Tips To Relieve Common Financial Stresses
Learn23 hours ago
Making Mobile Payments Pay Your Portfolio
Sales Strategy23 hours ago
Women in Sales: What Sets Them Apart
Development23 hours ago
Are You Running Your Business Like a True Professional, or Just Winging It?
Explore Investment Insights2 days ago
The Future of E-Commerce and Retail Will Be Written in China
Leadership2 days ago
The Most Effective Way to Influence Others
Financial Podcasts2 days ago
Become the Master of Your Own Time
Investing in Life3 days ago
Storyselling: Six Magic Words Guaranteed to Engage Your Clients
Development3 days ago
How to Offer More to Your Ideal Clients