How dare you even think about leaving my company for greener pastures?
After all I have done for you!
– I have asked, no, make that told you to stay late many days because I was disorganized and needed you to bail me out.
– I have cut you zero slack when your personal life or family needed your attention, insuring they did not get in the way of my goals and success.
– I have been short with you because I am dealing with my own issues and I am not willing to let myself admit my shortcoming and work on improving them.
– I have given you tasks that needed to be completed, then left you alone for weeks at a time because I was sure you could read my mind and you would not need encouragement or feedback to complete the tasks to my standards.
– I have complained to my peers, and sometimes your peers, about what I perceive to be lacking in your performance. I did not feel I could tell you because you would not understand and you would make the conversation difficult and uncomfortable for me.
– I have denied you promotions and other benefits because you have refused to meet my vaguely worded and many times unrealistic expectations.
– I have had to lower my career expectations for promotions and accolades because you and the rest of my team did not respond to my leadership style, a style that I see nothing wrong with.
So, how dare you even think about leaving my company for greener pastures after all I have done for you? Can’t you see what a great leader I am? Hey, are you listening? Hello…. where did everybody go?
Hmmm…maybe there is a reason you are leaving my company.
Beware of the Energy Vampires
When Financial Goals Aren’t Enough!
Finding Senior Care on Limited Budgets
What Is a Key Employee and Why Are They So Critical?
Listening to Understand Is to Stand Under
What Support Looks Like in Leadership
Don’t Make Your Financial Content Buzzkill
Legacy Vendors Are a Bigger Issue Than Legacy Systems
Are You Aware of These Nine Risks to Your Portfolio?
Catching People Doing What’s Right Along the Customer Experience Journey
Learn12 hours ago
A Surprising Post-Election Investment Idea
Development12 hours ago
The Extraordinary Power of the First 90 Days
Digital Strategy12 hours ago
FINRA and Compliance In The Era of Fake News
Building Smarter Portfolios1 day ago
Beware the “Known-Unknowns”
Learn1 day ago
Cybersecurity Without The Commitment
Development1 day ago
How Freedom Resulted in $300mm to $800mm in Just 8 Years
Insights3 days ago
How to Start Your Journey to Be Different
Advisor3 days ago
11 Ways the New Tax Law Could Help or Hurt Your Tax Return