Meetings! I’d rather catch bowling balls in my teeth!
Ouch!!! Catching a bowling ball in your teeth! What could be more painful than that? Simple – going to meetings. This week, the stuff that I’m thinking about – and what you need to think about – is how to make meetings less painful and more effective. Here’s some “stuff” I want you to consider and act on:
- When organizing meetings, start with the end in mind – think in terms of the outcome you want to achieve as a result of the meeting.
- When organizing meetings, adhere to a meeting agenda that focuses on moving the organization forward to achieve the stated outcome.
- When organizing meetings, distribute the agenda at least one day in advance so all of the attendees walk in prepared.
- When organizing meetings, invite only the people who can contribute to the achievement of your desired outcome.
- When organizing meetings, conclude the meeting by agreeing to what steps will be taken, who will do what and by when. Establish post meeting interim checkpoints to make certain that the next steps are actually completed.
- When organizing meetings, distribute the summary of minutes/next steps to all attendees. This way everyone is on the same page.
What to Do When Life Is Disappointing
Bridging The Performance Management Gap With Career Pathing
Motivation and an Open Mind are Essential to Become a Great Entrepreneur
The FinCommunications Story: What’s Yours?
Marketing to Young Professionals and Athletes
Making the Distinction Between Gambling and Investing
Is Deferred Compensation Holding You Captive?
How to Start Your Journey to Be Different
The Question ‘Why’ Expands Your Opportunity
What If Magic Was Part Of Your Strategy?
Explore Investment Insights12 hours ago
The Future of E-Commerce and Retail Will Be Written in China
Leadership12 hours ago
The Most Effective Way to Influence Others
Financial Podcasts12 hours ago
Become the Master of Your Own Time
Investing in Life2 days ago
Storyselling: Six Magic Words Guaranteed to Engage Your Clients
Development2 days ago
How to Offer More to Your Ideal Clients
Solutions2 days ago
Top 4 Themes in Impact Investing Right Now
Investments3 days ago
Global Equity Views 4Q 2018
Development3 days ago
How To Deliver Value During Prospect Engagement