It’s “that time of year” when many still feel all charged up and are committing to do what needs to be done to be better. Yet, a fair number of those commitments and promises will fall by the wayside creating another average year.
So, let me make it simple for you to understand that it doesn’t require a lot of extra effort to “Step Up and Play Big.” But, it does require that you make a choice to do so and then commit yourself to do the work that follows.
Here’s what it means to Step Up and Play Big:
- It’s a healthy state of mind, fueled by a strong sense of self-belief.
- It’s an internal optimistic view that helps you see beyond the clutter that surrounds you and searches only for possibilities.
- It’s that small but convincing voice in your head that tells you, “Yes you can!”
- It’s a courageous spirit that is more than willing to tackle barriers and obstacles to keep you moving forward towards a desired result.
- It’s a willing recognition that ongoing learning is a necessary ingredient to a meaningful life.
- It’s an acceptance that taking smart risks is a natural part of making progress and that mistakes are learning opportunities to prepare you for the next challenge.
- It’s a “presence” that serves as a road map to your business or life, giving you the flexibility to adapt to where you are and where you want to be.
To Step Up and Play Big requires that you have clarity on what you want to accomplish in a day, or a week, or a month, etc. The time frame isn’t as important as the clarity. Then you need to demonstrate self-discipline, persistence and resilience. All doable but hard work. The hard work comes in when you realize that you will have to “change” some habits or behaviors (and here’s the real hard part) to create the right “mindset.” It’s a choice – and that’s where it all starts!
Find Your Why, Before You Give
How Will Asset Managers Find Ways to Distribute Going Forward?
Get Real: Stepping off the Hamster Wheel of Life
The Culture Perception Gaps Between Executives and Employees
Get Naked With Your Money: Wrinkles, Bulges And All!
Do This To Complete Your Vital Activities Each Day
Traditional Retailers Are Failing And It’s Not Amazon’s Fault
Why Following Someone Else’s Plan Never Works
Drive Towards Having Great Money Habits
How to Develop Your Digital Branding Strategy
Advisor11 hours ago
Cybersecurity and Privacy: Tips for People with Substantial Wealth
Brand Strategy11 hours ago
A Different Way To Think About Leverage
Equities11 hours ago
What You Need to Know about Investing in Healthcare AI
Markets23 hours ago
The Fed’s Next Move May Be No Move at All
Markets1 day ago
Why The Next Recession Will Be Different
Equities1 day ago
What You’re Not Hearing About the China Trade War
Development1 day ago
The Best Practice Management Idea of the Year
Advisor2 days ago
Homer Simpson vs Mr. Burns