For many organizations, team presentations have become a way of life.
Here are some tips to make your next team presentation more effective:
Prior to the presentation
1. Make one person responsible
2. Set the date for your dress rehearsal – and make it firm.
3. Hire a presentation coach early in the process. [Note: Spring and autumn are prime seasons for conferences so skilled speaker coaches are tightly booked during those months. Don’t wait until the last minute to hire a coach.]
4. Capitalize on the unique strengths of your team.
At the presentation
5. Get every presenter settled on stage at the same time.
6. Give each member a good introduction. CAN YOU SAY A FEW WORDS? (St Martin’s Press, 2006) offers detailed advice about introductions.
7. Control the Q&A session carefully. Don’t let a rambling Q&A ruin a well planned team presentation.