There are some key trends in selling today most sales reps are experiencing. First, selling is far more business relationship based than ever before. Second, sales cycles are longer and often committee driven and thus longer because the committee approach makes it tougher to maintain multiple people’s attention and mindshare.
Here are 7 things to always be aware of and do to sell more, faster:
- Begin getting and enforcing commitments early; collect a decision on every call
- Know your maximum and minimum for every sales call; know in advance how far you are willing to go; establish or reestablish how you’re going to move the sale forward (Reverse Time Line) or end it.
- Start off with a draft proposal or agreement before submitting the final draft in exchange for a commitment to review it with your prospect.
- Know how decisions are made at your prospect, both who is involved and how they go about making decisions with this kind of purchase.
- Be objective. Do you know what you need to know? Are you dealing with facts or your emotions?
- Persistence is on the call, not after. If it’s over don’t burn the bridge, end things professionally with both sides able to return to the table one day.
- Do a loss analysis if you lose and start your drip marketing campaign immediately.
Prospecting is one of the ultimate keys to success. Be sure to do it every day!
11 Most Read IRIS Articles of the Week!
Why Secure Passwords Matter and How to Create Them
10 Ways to Celebrate International Women’s Day
Becoming a Great Podcast Host with Celeste Headlee
New Guiding Principles for Opportunity Zone Investors
Leaders: Do You Challenge Your Status Quo?
9 Marketing Trends That Will Dominate This Year
How To Keep Envy From Destroying Your Workplace
6 Tips to Help Your Journey to Retirement
Who Do You Sell to First
Forward-Looking Investing2 days ago
Moat Investing: Powered by Morningstar
Market Strategist2 days ago
We Are Not Convinced the Market Storm Has Completely Passed
Development2 days ago
Advisors: How To Answer “What Do You Do?”
Markets2 days ago
Higher Mortgage Rates, Student Loans and Nike
Equities3 days ago
7 Stocks That Pay the Largest Dividends of All That Trade on Nasdaq – Or Do They?
Advisor3 days ago
The Wizards of Wall Street vs. The Selbees from Michigan
Markets4 days ago
The Chameleons Are on the Run
Compliance4 days ago
Regulators Focusing on How Firms Identify, Monitor and Test Custody Scenarios With Client Assets