There are some key trends in selling today most sales reps are experiencing. First, selling is far more business relationship based than ever before. Second, sales cycles are longer and often committee driven and thus longer because the committee approach makes it tougher to maintain multiple people’s attention and mindshare.
Here are 7 things to always be aware of and do to sell more, faster:
- Begin getting and enforcing commitments early; collect a decision on every call
- Know your maximum and minimum for every sales call; know in advance how far you are willing to go; establish or reestablish how you’re going to move the sale forward (Reverse Time Line) or end it.
- Start off with a draft proposal or agreement before submitting the final draft in exchange for a commitment to review it with your prospect.
- Know how decisions are made at your prospect, both who is involved and how they go about making decisions with this kind of purchase.
- Be objective. Do you know what you need to know? Are you dealing with facts or your emotions?
- Persistence is on the call, not after. If it’s over don’t burn the bridge, end things professionally with both sides able to return to the table one day.
- Do a loss analysis if you lose and start your drip marketing campaign immediately.
Prospecting is one of the ultimate keys to success. Be sure to do it every day!
Most Read IRIS Articles of the Week: December 10-14
It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, to Review Your Story
The Two Character Differentials to Propel Yourself into the Future
Becoming Your Future You: Now!
5 Leadership Books You Must Read in 2019
Retirement Plans Disappear When Parents And The Kids Return Home
The Workplace Is No Place for Inappropriate Touching
Holiday Gifts for the Sales Rockstar in Your Life
6 Questions Business Owners Should Answer Before Selling Their Business
Behind Every Shaper, There’s a Hero
Equities1 day ago
How Do Bitcoin Futures Affect the Price?
Development1 day ago
Advisors: Break Out of Your Echo Chamber
Development1 day ago
The Power of Thoughtful Client Gifts
Equities2 days ago
These Oil Stocks Are Ticking Time Bombs
Building Smarter Portfolios2 days ago
The Market’s Wild Ride
Human Performance2 days ago
5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Productivity At Work
Equities3 days ago
Bubble, Meet Pin; It’s Just the Beginning of the Downslide
Market Strategist3 days ago
Don’t Be Boxed Into Style Boxes