Our attitude is a combination of our thoughts, feelings and actions. Our attitude is our statement to the world of who we really are, regardless of what we say. Our life is merely a reflection of our attitudes.
Our attitude is the major factor in determining whether or not we will be successful in our careers and businesses, in the building of our families and in every other area of our lives.
Positive thoughts are the seeds of positive attitudes, and positive attitudes are the seeds of positive results. A new attitude always produces a new result.
The Bible says “You will be renewed by the renewing of your mind.” To change who we are, we must change how we think. Prosperity definitely begins with a positive state of mind.
The thoughts we allow our mind to dwell on determine the way we feel, which ultimately is reflected in our actions. Unless we choose our own thoughts, we end up following the thoughts of others. Only we can master our own thoughts.
We hold within ourselves everything that it takes to live a happy life. Happiness is not a destination but, rather, a way of traveling.
The elevation we can climb to in this life is determined solely by our attitude. Just like an airplane. When the attitude indicator indicates that the nose of the aircraft is pitched up, it means it is climbing and gaining altitude. What is your attitude indicator reading? Look up and you’ll climb up.
A Harvard University study revealed that 85% of the reasons for success, accomplishments, promotions, etc. were a result of our attitudes and only 15% the result of technical expertise. Still, our present school system spends 90% of its education dollars on teaching facts, and only 10% on training our attitudes. Our mind is like a garden: it can give back only what we put into it.
From Faith to Fear
I knew something was wrong in May 1987 when thoughts of fear and unbelief began racing through my mind. I began to fear the worst for every area of my life. Every asset appeared as a potential liability. Every possible success loomed as a probable failure and every realizable gain looked like a possible loss. This was definitely my first experience with negativity and the fear of failure.
As I heard the prison doors of pessimism slam shut in my mind, my first fear was that I had been sentenced for life. Thank God, I found the keys to unlocking those gates, and I was once again able to experience the freedom of a positive mental attitude and faith. I chose to give myself my own reprieve. So can you! It is time to take control of your thoughts.
The Bible says, “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.” Thinking in your heart is different than thinking in your head. Thinking in your head is theology … it’s knowledge … it’s know-how. Thinking in your heart is what you really believe … it’s wisdom … it’s your passions … your convictions … your inner-drive. It’s your actions!
5 Habits that Guarantee a Positive Attitude Every Day
Here are five habits that will guarantee you have a positive attitude every single day in spite of your present circumstances, conditions, or environment.
- Wake up early. I wake up every morning at 5:00AM. This my quiet time to read, pray, and exercise.
- The first thing to do is SMILE. Say to yourself “This is the day the Lord has made, I will be happy in it.”Then take in 30 deep breaths through your nose to get your lungs filled with oxygen.
- Get some physical exercise. It does not matter how, but get your body moving for at least five-ten minutes. The best is some form of bouncing up and down to activate your pituitary gland. Then stretch your muscles.
- Sing in the shower. Another ritual I have is singing in the shower. It really puts you and everyone else in the house in a better mood when there is music.
- Get the help you need. I don’t know why we make this one so hard. A goal represents new ground, new territory. That means you won’t know how to traverse it. That reality is actually essential to establish compelling goals. Once you have a reason, the resources will start to materialize.
- Eat a hearty breakfast while listening to energizing podcast. What we feed our minds is just as important as what we feed our bodies.
- Express your gratitude wherever you go. Grateful people never have a negative attitude. People find an attitude of gratitude very attractive.
11 Most Read IRIS Articles of the Week!
Knowing Your Unique Selling Points Can Separate You from Other Advisors
How to Ensure Maximum Reach with Your Content Strategy
Understanding Indexed Life Illustrations
Why You Might Not Be Getting New Business The Easy Way
7 Facts That Can Destroy Your Retirement Vision
One Huge Leadership Secret to Get Innovative Ideas You Need
Is Your Financial Advisor Acting in Your Best Interests?
How to Build an Interesting News Story for Journalists and Their Readers
Nothing Sells Itself
Development2 days ago
How to Think like the Best Advisors in the Business
Research2 days ago
Reaction to Growing Number of Millionaires
Development2 days ago
Regardless of a Client’s Financial Position, Provide Them Hope
Development3 days ago
The Billion-Dollar Mindset: What Drives Top Advisors?
Equities3 days ago
How the Deficit Will Reach $40 Trillion
Strategies3 days ago
Tweeting Away Market Complacency
Strategies4 days ago
Why You Should Bet The Pot on a Trader Who Plays Poker
Development4 days ago
When Products Become Entitlements, Then People Buy!