The LGBTQ+ community is still heavily underserved by financial advisors. Are you aware of LGBTQ+ clients’ unique planning needs and how to create a safe environment for different identities?
Today, Matt speaks with Michelle Waymire of Young & Scrappy, a financial advisor and financial coach who serves young folx and the LGBTQ+ community. Michelle shares how advisors can respectfully ask clients how they identify, what conversations to have with LGBTQ+ clients before you start planning, and what marketing strategies she uses to attract this niche.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why Michelle chose to serve young people and the LGBTQ+ community
- How working with the LGBTQ+ community differs from serving other niches
- Ways to make your advisor website more inclusive
- How Michelle stays profitable while working with young people
- Questions to ask LGBTQ+ clients before you start the planning work
- Michelle’s routine for planning Instagram content that is consistent, themed, and relevant
- The importance of understanding gender pronouns and how to ask a prospect which pronouns they use
- And more!
Tune in now to hear Michelle’s marketing strategies for serving the LGBTQ+ community and young people!