Check out our Editors’ sections on the greatest of the week! If you agree, please make sure to be social.
1. Phil Chao and Don Trone ask if your clients believe that you’re serving as an adviser or an advisor? It’s an important distinction. Read Are You an Adviser or an Advisor? and learn more.
2. Timothy Hughes had the opportunity to meet Gary Vaynerchuk recently. This encounter gave him the fuel to write Social Selling Killed the Old Boys Network.
3. Chris Skinner got into an argument after a presentation where he said that active fund management is dead. Read why he’s not sorry in Are Human Stock Pickers Really Better Than Machines?
4. Ever found yourself staring at the phone, unable to pick it up to make some prospecting calls? Need a kick in the pants. Check out Mike Brooks’ article Some Will, Some Won’t, Who’s Next?
5. Dorie Clark shares with us something we all have an issue with, How to Recognize When It’s Time to Fire a Client.
6. Innovation could be the most overused word in today’s business world. Paul Taylor says to be innovative, we need to be good at both idea generation and idea execution. Are your teams spending time where they should? Read How To Avoid Innovation Theatre and get motivated to succeed.
7. The Department of Labor’s attempt to regulate financial advisors is dead. Charles Goldman gives us A Eulogy for the DOL Fiduciary Rule.
8. Adri Miller-Heckman says that if you’re like many sharp, ambitious advisors you’ve probably given some thought to hosting public events. She gives us a dose of encouragement in The Scary Side of Hosting Seminars for Women: How to Fill the Seats.
9. Finally, Andrew Rosen shares with us a common story and a roadmap in What to Do When Your Spouse Handles ALL the Finances.
11 Most Read IRIS Articles of the Week!
4 Ways to Find Your Prospect’s Biggest Pain Points
MyPerfectFinancialAdvisor and Why I Started It
Understanding Elder Law with Guest Geoff Hoatson
Leaders: Where There’s Smoke, There’s Not Always Fire
What You Need to Know About Senior Isolation
Transitioning from Business Ownership to Retirement
10 Key Components for Creating a Positive Company Culture
What is a Captive Insurance Agent
Hard Work Increases Your Value
Development2 days ago
Changing Forward Means Silencing Your Inner Gremlins
Research2 days ago
Please Don’t Buy the Dip in Nvidia or Other Chip Stocks
Content Marketing2 days ago
3 Ways to Distinguish Yourself as an Advisor Using Only Your Blog
Permission to Succeed3 days ago
Setting the Standard of Care for Medical Cannabis with Nick Vita
Strategies3 days ago
Junk in the Trunk: The Story of Today’s Bond Market
Marketing3 days ago
4 Reasons Your Sales Team Isn’t Receiving Referrals
Development3 days ago
10 Tips For Recruiting Financial Advisors
Development4 days ago
Why Short Term Trading Is Not Investing