Check out our Editors’ sections on the greatest of the week! If you agree, please make sure to be social.
1. Phil Chao and Don Trone ask if your clients believe that you’re serving as an adviser or an advisor? It’s an important distinction. Read Are You an Adviser or an Advisor? and learn more.
2. Timothy Hughes had the opportunity to meet Gary Vaynerchuk recently. This encounter gave him the fuel to write Social Selling Killed the Old Boys Network.
3. Chris Skinner got into an argument after a presentation where he said that active fund management is dead. Read why he’s not sorry in Are Human Stock Pickers Really Better Than Machines?
4. Ever found yourself staring at the phone, unable to pick it up to make some prospecting calls? Need a kick in the pants. Check out Mike Brooks’ article Some Will, Some Won’t, Who’s Next?
5. Dorie Clark shares with us something we all have an issue with, How to Recognize When It’s Time to Fire a Client.
6. Innovation could be the most overused word in today’s business world. Paul Taylor says to be innovative, we need to be good at both idea generation and idea execution. Are your teams spending time where they should? Read How To Avoid Innovation Theatre and get motivated to succeed.
7. The Department of Labor’s attempt to regulate financial advisors is dead. Charles Goldman gives us A Eulogy for the DOL Fiduciary Rule.
8. Adri Miller-Heckman says that if you’re like many sharp, ambitious advisors you’ve probably given some thought to hosting public events. She gives us a dose of encouragement in The Scary Side of Hosting Seminars for Women: How to Fill the Seats.
9. Finally, Andrew Rosen shares with us a common story and a roadmap in What to Do When Your Spouse Handles ALL the Finances.
The Cornerstone of Effective Marketing Is Understanding Your Niche
Find Your Why, Before You Give
How Will Asset Managers Find Ways to Distribute Going Forward?
Get Real: Stepping off the Hamster Wheel of Life
The Culture Perception Gaps Between Executives and Employees
Get Naked With Your Money: Wrinkles, Bulges And All!
Do This To Complete Your Vital Activities Each Day
Traditional Retailers Are Failing And It’s Not Amazon’s Fault
Why Following Someone Else’s Plan Never Works
Drive Towards Having Great Money Habits
Advisor13 hours ago
Cybersecurity and Privacy: Tips for People with Substantial Wealth
Brand Strategy13 hours ago
A Different Way To Think About Leverage
Equities14 hours ago
What You Need to Know about Investing in Healthcare AI
Markets1 day ago
The Fed’s Next Move May Be No Move at All
Markets2 days ago
Why The Next Recession Will Be Different
Equities2 days ago
What You’re Not Hearing About the China Trade War
Development2 days ago
The Best Practice Management Idea of the Year
Advisor2 days ago
Homer Simpson vs Mr. Burns