Check out our Editors’ sections on the greatest of the week! If you agree, please make sure to be social.
1. Phil Chao and Don Trone ask if your clients believe that you’re serving as an adviser or an advisor? It’s an important distinction. Read Are You an Adviser or an Advisor? and learn more.
2. Timothy Hughes had the opportunity to meet Gary Vaynerchuk recently. This encounter gave him the fuel to write Social Selling Killed the Old Boys Network.
3. Chris Skinner got into an argument after a presentation where he said that active fund management is dead. Read why he’s not sorry in Are Human Stock Pickers Really Better Than Machines?
4. Ever found yourself staring at the phone, unable to pick it up to make some prospecting calls? Need a kick in the pants. Check out Mike Brooks’ article Some Will, Some Won’t, Who’s Next?
5. Dorie Clark shares with us something we all have an issue with, How to Recognize When It’s Time to Fire a Client.
6. Innovation could be the most overused word in today’s business world. Paul Taylor says to be innovative, we need to be good at both idea generation and idea execution. Are your teams spending time where they should? Read How To Avoid Innovation Theatre and get motivated to succeed.
7. The Department of Labor’s attempt to regulate financial advisors is dead. Charles Goldman gives us A Eulogy for the DOL Fiduciary Rule.
8. Adri Miller-Heckman says that if you’re like many sharp, ambitious advisors you’ve probably given some thought to hosting public events. She gives us a dose of encouragement in The Scary Side of Hosting Seminars for Women: How to Fill the Seats.
9. Finally, Andrew Rosen shares with us a common story and a roadmap in What to Do When Your Spouse Handles ALL the Finances.
How to Select a CRM for Your Advisor Practice
How Advisors Can Improve Daily Habits to Achieve Growth
5 Steps for Improving Content Personalization
Giving The Ultimate Gift
Why You Need to Let Your Team Go
Integrate Your Emotions and Logic for Better Money Decisions
Discover the New FinTech Bank
70% of the Sales Decision Is Made Before a Face-To-Face Meeting
What Financial Planning Can Learn From Peloton’s Success
The Newmont-Goldcorp Deal Is Positive News for Gold Mining
Equities11 hours ago
Stocks Breaking Above Resistance As Earnings Begin
Development11 hours ago
Can Your Kids Get You Clients?
Financial Podcasts11 hours ago
Revolutionizing Asset Management with Scott MacKillop
Research23 hours ago
The S&P 500 In 2019 Looks A Lot Like S&P 500 In 2001
Strategies1 day ago
A Bullish-and Rare-Signal for Stocks in 2019
Learn1 day ago
Getting Defensive With Dividends
Advisor3 days ago
Are You Suffering from Market Anxiety?
Advisor4 days ago
Given the Recent Market Volatility, It’s Imperative to Go Back to Basics