It was great to get some time with Larry Pitkowsky at the recent HighTower Apex Conference in San Francisco. Larry is the Co-Manager of the Goodhaven Fund, which had a spectacular 2016.
Click the image to watch as we discuss:
- The Goodhaven Fund was up 20% in 2016, outpacing the category and benchmark. What led to the result?
- Is the Fund particularly attractive as an investment now?
- We’ve heard a lot about Active vs Passive strategies, does active fit into a diversified portfolio today and why?
- Is it important for managers to look less like the index today and why?
- Would you tell Advisors that a concentrated, value-oriented approach to investing in today’s market is worth considering?
Check out the Goodhaven website here.
People have interpreted our logo as depicting a shoreline sheltered from stormy seas, or an umbrella against the rain. Regardless of how you see it, we tried to create an image reflecting our belief that the first job of portfolio managers is to attempt to protect the wealth of their shareholders and only then to seek profits. Although we cannot provide any guarantees and shareholders can lose money, we try hard to follow Warren Buffett’s two rules of money management:
Rule #1 – Don’t Lose!
Rule #2 – See Rule #1.
Editors’ Choice: Why These Articles Were Great!
11 Most Read IRIS Articles of the Week!
4 Ways to Find Your Prospect’s Biggest Pain Points
MyPerfectFinancialAdvisor and Why I Started It
Understanding Elder Law with Guest Geoff Hoatson
Leaders: Where There’s Smoke, There’s Not Always Fire
What You Need to Know About Senior Isolation
Transitioning from Business Ownership to Retirement
10 Key Components for Creating a Positive Company Culture
What is a Captive Insurance Agent
Development2 days ago
Changing Forward Means Silencing Your Inner Gremlins
Research2 days ago
Please Don’t Buy the Dip in Nvidia or Other Chip Stocks
Content Marketing2 days ago
3 Ways to Distinguish Yourself as an Advisor Using Only Your Blog
Permission to Succeed3 days ago
Setting the Standard of Care for Medical Cannabis with Nick Vita
Strategies3 days ago
Junk in the Trunk: The Story of Today’s Bond Market
Marketing3 days ago
4 Reasons Your Sales Team Isn’t Receiving Referrals
Development4 days ago
10 Tips For Recruiting Financial Advisors
Development4 days ago
Why Short Term Trading Is Not Investing