It was great to get some time with Larry Pitkowsky at the recent HighTower Apex Conference in San Francisco. Larry is the Co-Manager of the Goodhaven Fund, which had a spectacular 2016.
Click the image to watch as we discuss:
- The Goodhaven Fund was up 20% in 2016, outpacing the category and benchmark. What led to the result?
- Is the Fund particularly attractive as an investment now?
- We’ve heard a lot about Active vs Passive strategies, does active fit into a diversified portfolio today and why?
- Is it important for managers to look less like the index today and why?
- Would you tell Advisors that a concentrated, value-oriented approach to investing in today’s market is worth considering?
Check out the Goodhaven website here.
People have interpreted our logo as depicting a shoreline sheltered from stormy seas, or an umbrella against the rain. Regardless of how you see it, we tried to create an image reflecting our belief that the first job of portfolio managers is to attempt to protect the wealth of their shareholders and only then to seek profits. Although we cannot provide any guarantees and shareholders can lose money, we try hard to follow Warren Buffett’s two rules of money management:
Rule #1 – Don’t Lose!
Rule #2 – See Rule #1.
Does Your Money Intention Match Your Money Attention?
The 10 Advantages of Becoming More Emotionally Intelligent
A Tool That Helps Prepare Vets for Civilian Employment
The One Behavior to Make a Difference in the Ability to Impact the Lives of Others
8 Tips for Delivering Your Portfolio Manager Commentaries Faster
Who Are You Serving?
Your To-Do List Won’t Suffer When You Do This Too
How to Budget for the Holidays
2019 Will Be a Pivotal Year for Asset Managers
An Employee Advocacy Program Can Make Your Content Go Viral
Equities21 hours ago
These Oil Stocks Are Ticking Time Bombs
Building Smarter Portfolios21 hours ago
The Market’s Wild Ride
Human Performance21 hours ago
5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Productivity At Work
Equities2 days ago
Bubble, Meet Pin; It’s Just the Beginning of the Downslide
Market Strategist2 days ago
Don’t Be Boxed Into Style Boxes
Development2 days ago
As an Advisor, Are You “The Great Communicator?”
Equities3 days ago
This Is the End of Trump’s Economic Sugar High
Development3 days ago
When You Cannot Think of a Better Way to Market Yourself, Try This…