Why Advisors Are Turning to Private Equity
We spent some time with Brian Weisenberger, Executive Director of Ascendant Capital, at the HighTower Apex Conference in San Francisco to talk about Private Equity.
Click the image to watch as Brian and I discuss:
- Why Advisors are diving into Private Equity at this time.
- The different types of private equity and why that is important for advisors to note.
- The top acquisition criteria that advisors should look for when evaluating Private Equity opportunities.
- How Advisors can access Private Equity through Ascendent Capital.
Ascendant Capital is a boutique alternative investment firm with global capabilities. They bring one-of-a-kind investment strategies to a diverse investor base with a unique focus on income-producing private equity.
How to Introduce and Position Yourself the Right Way
Introducing yourself – more to getting it right than you think!
What do you say when someone asks you “so what do you do?”
You might say, “I’m a financial advisor”. Or “I’m an investment advisor”. If you’re a top advisor, you might be compelled to say “I’m Vice President and Portfolio Manager”. Or even “I’m a CFA”.
Well put all of those away if you’re introducing yourself to a woman you might want as a client. None of the above will impress her – she might even “run for the door” thinking you’re going to try to “sell” her something.
Your goal is have her say “tell me more about that”.
So what do you say?
Here are 4 quick tips:
- Make it about your clients
- Make it about outcomes
- Make it interesting
- Make it fun
How about something like this: “I help people have their cake and eat it too”. Doesn’t that beg the question “what does that mean” or “how do you do that”.
Okay maybe that’s a bit over the edge but it’s important you make it about the people you help and not about what you do to help people get there.
I help <type of people you serve”> <achieve this>. Something like:
- I help retirees create a sustainable income.
- I help women understand money on their terms.
- I help young couples get a good start towards financial security.
Now you try it! Send us your best one.
Find more resources and follow us through our website www.strategymarketing.ca
- 1 of 1773