Recorded live at IMPACT 2019® this episode of Permission to Succeed features Doug Heikkinen and Invenomic Founder, Managing Partner and Portfolio Manager, Ali Motamed, discussing the story behind Invenomic and their commitment to active investing and searching for value.In this episode, you will learn:
- How Invenomic came to be, and what they’ve learned along the way.
- Why they focus on active investing and seek out value in non-saturated industries with room to grow.
- Ali’s perspective on what happens to big companies and the indices they dominate when there’s no more room for growth.
- How Ali’s focus and journey from building a baseball card collection with his allowance to founding Invenomic has shaped who he is and how he and his company approach business.
- IRIS Media Works recorded 16 Permission to Succeed podcasts from our pop-up podcast “studio” in the Discovery Data booth at IMPACT 2019 Fueled by coffee and the conference energy swirling around us, we had a great time talking to leaders from across the financial services industry. Thank you to Discovery Data and to our guests for participating in this grand experiment. We hope you enjoy and learn from these conversations as much as we did.