Have you ever had these challenges when thanking an employer?
There are typically four challenges:
- How to thank the employer.
- When to thank the employer.
- What to say in the thank-you.
- What medium to use (handwritten, email).
There are two most important aspects of the thanking process.
There are two keys you need to know about thanking somebody to make it effective: speed and thoughtfulness.
Speed is how quickly you respond to them after your interview. I recommend 24 hours.
Thoughtfulness is the level of effort and care you put into the words you place into the thank-you. What messages are you’re sending?
You realize three benefits when you thank the employer.
There are three benefits of writing a thank-you.
1) You Get To Thank Them: Whenever you’re preparing your thank-you note, you should open with thank you so much for your time and I really enjoyed meeting you.
2) You Get To Sell Yourself: Right after you thank them, add your own unique identifier. Put in your sales pitch. Reinforce why you’re the best candidate for the job and why you’re such a great fit.
3) You Get To Reassure the Employer You’re Interested: The third benefit is to reassure the employer of your enthusiasm and interest in the position.
Brexit Vote: Pound and Market to Knee-Jerk React Before Rebounding
Where the Real Money Is in Your Book of Business
Socially Responsible Investing is Not a Simple Choice
4 Ways Busy Professionals Can Knock Out Stress
When Ghosting Is Just Wrong
What Does Your Online Presence Say About You?
5 Steps To Nail A Successful Second Act
How to Make Your Team More Strategic
Upcoming Macroeconomic Events: January, February 2019
Going Independent With $100 Million in Assets Under Management
Investments22 hours ago
It’s Early, But EM Bonds Are Rebounding
Research22 hours ago
Complacency Defined: The Case of the High-Yield Bond Market
FinTech22 hours ago
10 Top FinTech Trends for 2019
Markets2 days ago
Markets Feeling Uncertainty Over How Long the Government Shutdown Will Continue
Strategies2 days ago
The Current Market Is More Opportunity for the Bulls Than the Bears
Financial Podcasts2 days ago
Factors Currently Influencing Market Volatility
Research4 days ago
The New Challenge For Buy-And-Hold Investing
Advisor4 days ago
Top 10 Bold Stock Market Predictions for 2019