I’ve spoken before about random acts of kindness; the unexpected things that you can do for a client and today, I would like to share seven of these with you.
Before I do, I think it’s important to say that the world doesn’t see enough kindness [especially at the moment] and that it’s important to make sure that your random act is sincere rather than because you simply read this article and I suggested you should! I trust that makes sense!
Here are seven random acts of kindness
1. If a client has a significant birthday coming up and you find out they are going to a restaurant to celebrate – order a bottle of champagne for when they arrive.
2. If a client is going on a holiday find a book about the location [it could be history based, art based, fact based, photography based] and post it to them before they go, with a note to wish them a lovely trip.
3. If a client is going into hospital for a period of time, order a fruit basket [for some reason hospital fruit doesn’t look like fruit!] or a book.
4. If a client’s child has recently passed their driving test, send them a gift certificate for an advanced training course.
5. If you hear that a client is participating in a charity event, either themselves or through their kid’s school, make a donation.
6. If a client has recently purchased a pet [I’m thinking dog or cat!] send them a pet hamper.
7. The seventh idea I have? Listen to what is happening in you client’s lives and every month, as a business, during your team meeting, identify one or more clients that you can send a random act of kindness to.
None of the above requires a significant investment – it’s not about breaking the budget, it’s about showing you care and that you listen, because at the end of the day, that’s what most of you say you do.
A couple of years ago, Airbnb ran a campaign called, #onelessstranger, it was incredible. Amazing on lots of levels but the reason I share this campaign is that it involved Airbnb giving 100,000 of their hosts $10 to use towards a random act of kindness. I’m not suggesting you have to spend that kind of money, but it was an incredible brand campaign for Airbnb.
What random acts of kindness does your business do?
Most Read IRIS Articles of the Week: November 12-16
How to Plan for Major Life Transitions
How to Build Your Hedge Fund’s Value Proposition
3 Mindset Hacks for Positive, Purposeful Growth
The Cost of Ignoring Your Emerging Leader’s Ideas
How to Get Recruiters to Notice You on LinkedIn
3 Easy Ways To Visualize Your Success
Using Social Media to Grow Traffic and Sales
Are You Overlooking These Financial Termites?
Can You Spot That One Tiny Thing?
Learn1 day ago
Making Mobile Payments Pay Your Portfolio
Sales Strategy1 day ago
Women in Sales: What Sets Them Apart
Development1 day ago
Are You Running Your Business Like a True Professional, or Just Winging It?
Explore Investment Insights2 days ago
The Future of E-Commerce and Retail Will Be Written in China
Leadership2 days ago
The Most Effective Way to Influence Others
Financial Podcasts2 days ago
Become the Master of Your Own Time
Investing in Life3 days ago
Storyselling: Six Magic Words Guaranteed to Engage Your Clients
Development3 days ago
How to Offer More to Your Ideal Clients