1. Talk about one thing. The tighter the focus, the better.
2. Speak to just one person. Copy should be a one-on-one conversation.
3. Force your reader to “pick a side.” Don’t allow him to sit comfortably on the fence.
4. Whenever possible, write to people who are already at least half-convinced.
5. In most cases, you can get away with infuriating 95% of your list/audience in an effort to win over the 5% who are your best buyers and referrers. Court the kingmakers in your list.
6. Trust is EVERYTHING.
7. Clarity is everything, too. The clarity of your message and offer. And the clarity you create for your readers by explaining the reality of their problem and the available solution.
8. Sequences beat single-shots.
9. Better products make for better copy
10. Make your copy empowering, not condemning or depressing. If the reader can get some benefit just from reading the marketing message, you’ve made “the sale before the sale.”
11. That being said, psychologically, the fear of loss is twice as strong as the desire for gain.
12. Curiosity is the strongest human incentive, says Claude Hopkins. Leverage it.
13. If you use curiosity to grab attention and get clicks, do yourself a favor: pay off that curiosity. “Bait & Switch,” clickbait copywriting tends to burn out their audiences quicker than straight-shooters.
7 Ways to Effectively Lead a Team on Different Schedules
6 Things NOT to Do with Gatekeepers
How to Close Skill Gaps During Tech Disruption
How Do YOU Find Happiness at Work?
6 Ways to Marie Kondo Your Sales Process
Estate Planning in Second Marriages
Why Companies Should Focus on Employee Health
Retirement Medical Costs Not So Scary When Seen Yearly
You Landed a TV Interview! Now What?
3 Business Strategies That Double as Self-Improvement Tips
Insights9 hours ago
Europe: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Markets10 hours ago
The Mad March Bounce
Development10 hours ago
Persevering Through Daily Mundane Is the Quickest Path to Success
Markets23 hours ago
What’s Causing Investors to Come off of the Sidelines?
Sales Strategy1 day ago
7 Key Components When Selling to the C-Suite
Equities1 day ago
Should We break-up Facebook, Google, Amazon, Apple?
Global2 days ago
Don’t Be Fooled by the Politics of Envy
Development2 days ago
How to Get Introductions as a Highly Referable Advisor