Written by: Bridgette Hernandes
Content is a way for every new business to get out there and effectively build brand awareness. In the age where social media platforms rule the world, creating content has become a natural way for a business to introduce itself to the big audiences.
Content creation is also widely supported by the consumers. According to Havas Group’s 2017 study, 84% of consumers want brands to create meaningful, high-quality content. It means that if you want to introduce your brand to the world and impress your future audience, creating content is the way to go.
In this article, I want to focus on the types of content and how each of them can be used to introduce your brand and build brand awareness. Each type of content is the way to introduce your business to the big audiences. So, let’s dive in!
An image is a type of visual content that is by far the most popular in the world of social media. I mean, Instagram hasn’t gained 1 billion users for nothing: people love scrolling through images and sharing them.
Images give a lot of creative opportunities to the brands. But how should you use this type of content right and not make a fatal mistake?
- Lifestyle images always save the day. If you want to introduce your brand to the public, your pictures should tell the story. That should always be your #1 rule. Lifestyle images tell the story about your brand, and that’s exactly what you want to show your potential followers. Don’t be afraid to experiment: use unusual environments and accessories that go beyond the standards. But again, everything you use for the image should be relevant to your brand.
- Use the watermarks correctly. Including your logo or other icons in your images is a great idea if you want to build brand awareness. But your logo shouldn’t overshadow the image itself. People pay attention to the product first and then they check out the brand, who sells it.
- Experiments with filters. If you choose Instagram to be the primary platform for posting images, there’s a selection of filters for you to use. Try them out but don’t overuse them. They should complement the object on the image and lay an emphasis on its advantages.
There are plenty of platforms that exist primarily for the sake of this type of content. Instagram, Facebook as well as Snapchat and Pinterest are a great base for posting images if you want to introduce your brand.
A video is a more dynamic type of content. Although Instagram has a feature of carousel photos, which you can use in many creative ways, they don’t tell the story as well as videos can.
What should you do to create a killer video to boost your brand awareness?
- Research your audience. No matter what you put in your video, the main focus of it should be on what your target audience would like to see. To identify that, try to answer the following questions: What is your audience interested in? Why your video should be interesting to them? What new can you offer them?
- Pay attention to the script. Your script is a reflection of your video will be. That’s why it should contain every small detail about what your video will show. But you should remember that a script is not just a rough copy or a draft. It also should be proofread and edited if necessary to avoid disappointing mistakes. You can also get some proofreading help from online tools like Rewarded Essays or Supreme Dissertations that have people who specialize in writing and editing scripts.
- Optimize your video for different platforms. YouTube can handle longer videos, while Instagram and Snapchat can only show short sneak-peak videos. Although Instagram has a new feature called IGTV where you can post longer videos, it won’t fit you if you’re just introducing your brand. You need to make sure that your video fits the requirements of the platform you want to post it on.
Blogging is where the whole content marketing thing started. It is a great way of placing product descriptions and it can also include in itself various types of content like images and videos.
How can blogging benefit you when you’re about to introduce your brand to a wide public?
- A blog is a great way to increase site traction. If you decide to start a blog on your brand’s website, you can attract more visitors by offering them valuable information. And if you add buttons to your social media profiles, more people will be able to find you and track your activity.
- Blogging is great for search results. If you regularly make relevant posts and create informative articles, Google will place your content at the top of search results, which is also a great way for visitors to find your content faster.
Blogging has made the success possible for so many brands. But as a content writer myself, I want to warn you about some mistakes that can potentially ruin the reputation of your newly introduced brand.
1) Mistakes are unacceptable. If you leave them in your content, it will show your careless attitude to your readers. Tools like Grammarly and HotEssayService can help you proofread your content faster. Don’t disregard using additional tools. They can help you take a fresh look at your written content.
2) If you’re creating a blog in more than one language, you should be especially careful with the translation. You want to make sure that the content in a target language mirrors exactly what you implied in the article written in a source language. And again, you can use different translation services like the ones listed on IsAccurate but you still need to make sure that your brand is well-represented in your written content.
Infographics is a less obvious way to build brand awareness but it’s still quite effective. This is a great way to show your expertise and the knowledge of the field you’re working in as well as your creativity.
How can infographics benefit you when introducing your brand?
- They are SEO friendly. None of the previous types of content we mentioned can be called 100% SEO friendly. Articles with infographics and other visuals get 94% more views, so for a newly-established business, it’s a great way to promote itself.
- Infographics are easy to share. You can post them everywhere, from your blog to all your social media accounts.
- They are easy to understand and to keep in mind. And also a great way to promote your brand.
This is a non-traditional way of promoting your business and building brand awareness. But it doesn’t mean that it can’t be effective.
How can it benefit your newly-established brand?
- You reach the on-the-go audience. People spend a lot of time on a daily commute, and you can help them benefit from that time by having them listen to your podcast and learning about your business.
- It’s a great alternative for people who don’t like reading. It’s also a more emotional way to present information and some people are more into that than reading.
Don’t disregard creating a podcast to introduce your brand. Podcasts can be easily accessed; they are usually free. Moreover, it gives you a chance to tell everything about your brand and share any information you want your audience to know. Podcasts usually last about 40 minutes to 1 hour, so you get plenty of time to introduce your brand and tell everything about it.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to introduce your brand through content creation. Everything depends on your creativity and vision. And as long as you stay true to your brand’s values, you’ll be able to make great content.
Bridgette Hernandes is a Master in Anthropology, who’s also an amateur writer, who’s passionate about creating content. Currently, she writes articles for such websites like Grab My Essay and Citatior. Her articles are always informative, insightful and based on qualitative research. She is also planning to publish her own book in the nearest future, where she will share her knowledge and insights on writing.
The Best Way To Detect Lack Of Integrity In Others
The Fed’s Next Move May Be No Move at All
Why Would Goldman Sachs Be Interested in a Small Bike Shop in Mexico?
How to Transition a Business After a Partnership Break-Up
How to Change the Way Your Body and Brain Work
The Key to Reaching True Contentment
Uncovering Your Next Best Self
My Three Financial Guilty Pleasures
20 Steps to Take During Your Job Search
How to Choose the Right Influencers for Your Campaign
Markets1 hour ago
The Fed’s Next Move May Be No Move at All
Markets14 hours ago
Why The Next Recession Will Be Different
Equities14 hours ago
What You’re Not Hearing About the China Trade War
Development14 hours ago
The Best Practice Management Idea of the Year
Advisor1 day ago
Homer Simpson vs Mr. Burns
Insights2 days ago
Europe: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Markets2 days ago
The Mad March Bounce
Development2 days ago
Persevering Through Daily Mundane Is the Quickest Path to Success