Never buy a house on rented land. I’m sure you heard this uttered by social media thought-leaders. Not only is this sage advice but it’s also the main reason you should find ways to improve your email open rates.
The folks at Sikich developed an infographic that lists 10 ways to improve your email open rates. I have transcribed some of the key points for easy consumption.
- Consumers who received email marketing spend 83% more when shopping
- Email marketing ROI = $44.25 for every dollar spent
- Email can be up to 20x more effective than other marketing outlets
- 62% of B2B e-marketers plan to increase spending for email marketing
10 Easy Ways To Improve Your Email Open Rates
1. Use a clean list of TARGETED, opted-in recipients. 32% of marketers say segmenting their email database is one of their top objectives in the next 12 months. Targeting and segmenting will increase your CTR from 3% to 8%
2. Send from a REAL PERSON that recipients can reply to.
3. Write a killer SUBJECT LINE.
4. Tell ‘em what to EXPECT.
5. Use an attention-grabbing PREHEADER. This is your next best chance to give your readers a preview of what’s inside and incentive to open.
6. Display early CALL-TO-ACTION.
7. Optimize it for mobile. 38% of all emails are opened on a mobile device. 78% of U.S. email users will access their email via mobile by 2017.
8. Don’t forget to PERSONALIZE. Personalized emails improve click-through rates by 14% and conversion rates by 10%.
9. GIVE RECIPIENTS CONTROL over opt-in in or out, frequency of emails and content they receive. 69% of subscribers cite “too many emails” as the number one reason they unsubscribe from your emails.
10. TEST, MONITOR, AND ANALYZE. Study the behaviors of your recipients! What time of say do they usually open your emails? What links are they clicking on? What are they interested in?
How Fear Blocks Sales Success
Are Your People Struggling With Innovation?
Why Your Investing Lifetime is So Important
The Fascinating Questions of a 100 Year AI Life
The Number of Americans Who Feel They Will Be Better off in a Year Is at a Record High
5 Ways M&A Can Hurt Your Brand
The Enormous Impact of Company Culture on Business Growth
Confronting the Ghosts of Your Financial Past for Future Control
5 Attitudes to Enhance Aging
One Rarely-Used Strategy to Push Your Sales Copy Over the Top
Equities16 hours ago
The Bulls Are Getting Stronger
Markets16 hours ago
S&P 500? More Like The S&P 50
Development17 hours ago
5 Questions Prospects May Ask Before Deciding to Hire You as Their Advisor
Let's Solve It2 days ago
Is Inflation Really Dead?
Markets2 days ago
Could Cyclicals Make a Comeback in 2019
Equities2 days ago
US Technology Sector is Setting Up for A Momentum Breakout Move
FinTech4 days ago
The Next Global Financial Meltdown Is Just Around the Corner
Advisor4 days ago
Stay Away From Dumb Money: The Crowd Is Rarely Right