Morgan, a new advisor, had built an amazing process securing well over 40 speaking engagements and getting herself in front of more than 1000 women. While the process of securing these opportunities was a total winner Morgan and Cindy (her Mother and partner) were not able to fully capitalize on this event, that’s when they called me for coaching.
After getting to know the two of them and learning about their business it became quite clear what they were missing.
- They needed a stronger brand that participants would remember.
- They needed a more defined follow up process to enhance conversions and appointments.
- They needed to host their own events which they could promote at their guest speaker events driving more traffic to their office and website.
- They needed more consistency and continuity in their messaging using more personal and authentic language not financial speak.
It was clear to me that once we incorporated this plan they would spend less time, less effort, less money and start generating more results, culminating in more qualified leads, new accounts, more referrals and a name and message that everyone remembered. And that’s exactly what happened.
Today Morgan and Cindy are known as The Mother Daughter Duo at Morgan Stanley (I bet you will even remember that name). Their focus is on “Millennial Money Mavens” who are building careers and wealth in addition to “Achieving Women” who are looking to thrive in retirement. By zeroing in on the two tribal markets they were able to build an event program that was more appealing to that particular market.
Along they way they have fine-tuned this process to have it require less time and energy, but ensure every component is working together to more effectively brand themselves as the Mother Daughter Duo for women young and old. This has all been done by:
- Strategically adjusting their company-sponsored presentations reducing the more technical slides and deleting slides all together to create more opportunities to engage the women in discussions.
- Hosting their proprietary events at their branch once a month to provide another opportunity to build credibility and trust.
- Creating a calendar of events that has become their primary marketing tool, which promotes and reinforces their message brand and commitment to educating and engaging women.
But here is what makes this process brilliant.
When the young millennia’s learn that Morgan and Cindy also focus on Achieving Women they are inspired to encourage their mothers to attend the next event. When the Achieving Women realize The Mother Daughter Duo also work with millennial’s the mothers are inspired to share and encourage their daughters to become involved. This marketing plan has created a multi-generational practice and a dynamic source of referrals that is fun, easy and effortless but more importantly will last for generations to come.
People Dislike Really Smart Leaders: It’s Quite True!
9 Quick Tips On Including Videos In Your Email Marketing
How to Work With a Narcissist
Roll Over 401(K) to IRA, but Keep Your Job
The Waterfall Effect or the Delicate Art of Alignment
Muni Technicals Weaken, but Relative Performance Holds Steady
What Customer Reaction to GDPR Is Telling Us About Our Data Culture
How to Get Rid of Your Toxic Work Culture
11 Ways the New Tax Law Could Help or Hurt Your Tax Return
4 Powerful Personal Branding Examples that Work
Investing in Life14 hours ago
Storyselling: Six Magic Words Guaranteed to Engage Your Clients
Development14 hours ago
How to Offer More to Your Ideal Clients
Solutions14 hours ago
Top 4 Themes in Impact Investing Right Now
Investments2 days ago
Global Equity Views 4Q 2018
Development2 days ago
How To Deliver Value During Prospect Engagement
Financial Podcasts2 days ago
How to Merge a CPA Firm With a Wealth Management Firm
Learn3 days ago
Millennials and Responsible Investing: Bridging the Generation Gap
Social Selling3 days ago
Is Spending Piles of Money on Marketing Just a Waste?