- For most advisors the future success of their business will be determined by women. The number of wealth women investors in the U.S. is growing at a faster rate than that of men; in a two year period, the number of wealthy women in the US grew 68% while the number of men grew only 36% – Marti Barletta, PrimeTime Women™
- Advisors must adapt to a new approach/marketing strategy that appeals to women to succeed. The largest wealth transfer in history is about to take place. Over the next decade women will be the recipients of the largest transference of wealth in the countries history, double inheritance windfall, from both parents and husband – Marti Barletta, PrimeTime Women™ 70% of women fire their male advisors once their husband dies, and 90% of those hire a female advisor afterwards –The Boston Consulting Group
- Advisors must engage women more effectively to stave of massive attrition. Women view interpersonal skills as the number one criteria when selecting a financial advisor. Interpersonal skills include; ability to connect, communicate and relate –-Fara Warner, Power of the Purse: How Smart Business Are Adapting to the World’s Most Important Consumers – Women
It doesn’t take much to begin showing women you care, here are 10 simple ideas that will engage women and begin transforming your relationship today:
1. Make your reception area more conducive to women: add flowers, warmer colors, women’s magazines not just trade publications
2. Offer coffee or water but serve in dishware that your grandmother would be deserving of, not a big fat coffee mug.
4. Introduce her to all your staff and say a positive comment about each staff member. Be sure they stand and say her name when responding, make it personal
5. Ask thought provoking open ended questions about her in her language even if her husband is present:
- What is the purpose of your money, (name) ? (Instead of goals)
- If money weren’t an issue what how would you spend your time?
- If you could help your children financially how would you want to help them?
(Now let’s get a little more serious)
6. Share your story as to why you care about women – keep it short compelling and authentic check out chapter 6 in my book, Keys To The Ladies Room.
7. Update your website and carve out a tab for women investors filled with articles that are written by and for women. I have great web content in my KeyChain Membership or a great read for women that want to learn about money is, Sacred Success by Barbara Stanny.
8. Drip out fun and informative emails or quizzes for women once or twice a month that women can relate to. You can find hundreds of great emails in my KeyChain Membership
10. Provide new female clients with a beautiful “Money” journal where they can write all their questions and concerns. My favorite designs are found at urbangirl.com.
Making small but progressive changes to your practice will validate to women that you care and respect what is important to her. When she truly knows you care about her she will become your loyal raving fan (and so will her husband).
Not All Consumers Make Good Advice Clients
The 5 Phases of FinTech: 2005-2027
Retirement For Clients With Modest Portfolios
Client Divorce Advice: What About the House?
The Power of Socially Responsible Investing
Consider Upcycling Your Knowledge
How to Explore Your Relationship With Money
6 Key Ways of Organizing Your Business for Growth
Spring Ahead in Marketing While You Still Have Time
Are You Preparing for the Future?
Let's Solve It12 hours ago
Do the Recent Trade Tensions Matter for the U.S. Economy?
Research12 hours ago
What Every Investor Can Learn From Buffett’s $4.3 Billion Mistake
Insights12 hours ago
China’s Looming Current Account Deficit Will Have Consequences for Us All
Research1 day ago
Trump’s Trade War Is Good for These 3 Dividend Stocks
Development2 days ago
The Truth About Getting to the Next Level as an Advisor
Building Smarter Portfolios2 days ago
Building the Case for Small Caps
Research2 days ago
Where Will We Get the Money to Pay for This Spending?
Human Performance3 days ago
You Are Your Ideal Client