Video is an incredibly powerful marketing tool, but in order for it to work you have to get people to watch and like what they see.
You may have video that you have shared on your website, YouTube, in a blog or on social media sites. Here are 10 quick tips for engaging people so they will want to watch your video and connect further with you.
- Create good, interesting content. This is easier said than done. What would people in your target market actually want to learn or find out about you? Ask clients and centers of influence for their feedback on what content would be valuable.
- Begin by recording your video in a professional studio with a green screen, proper lighting and a teleprompter. Make sure you give yourself the best chance to look great. And PRACTICE!
- Get your script properly edited and approved by compliance – BEFORE recording in studio.
- Title the video so people know what content they will be watching. Give them a good reason for viewing. Also give your video a full description that answers clearly why someone would want to watch.
- Make sure the thumbnail picture associated with your video looks like you are someone they’d want to watch. The thumbnail can sometimes be a not-so-attractive, in motion, eyes closed type of screen grab of your video. Don’t be afraid to choose different thumbnails.
- List the running time of the video when possible. YouTube will automatically do this for you. Under 2 minutes is a palatable amount for a prospect trying to find out about you or learn something. It seems awfully short, but more than 1-2 minutes and the potential viewer has to REALLY want the information you are sharing.
- Tag your video with as many keywords in YouTube as possible. People will find your videos with these tags.
- After uploading your video to Vimeo, YouTube or your website, share a link on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. Let people you are connected with know it is there!
- Send out an email newsletter with a link to your video. Sharing your new videos with your connections is a great way to directly give people the valuable content you have created for them.
- Use your video as a referral tool by telling advocates and referral sources that they can direct people to a new video you’ve posted or share a link. Give them a reason to introduce you to someone else!
The key with video ultimately is to have valuable content, share the content with potentially interested people and engage them to view and share. Video is definitely a great way to get “face-to-face” with clients and prospects and share just how great you really are!
Editors’ Choice: Why These Articles Were Great!
Most Read IRIS Articles of the Week: December 10-14
It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, to Review Your Story
The Two Character Differentials to Propel Yourself into the Future
Becoming Your Future You: Now!
5 Leadership Books You Must Read in 2019
Retirement Plans Disappear When Parents And The Kids Return Home
The Workplace Is No Place for Inappropriate Touching
Holiday Gifts for the Sales Rockstar in Your Life
6 Questions Business Owners Should Answer Before Selling Their Business
Equities2 days ago
How Do Bitcoin Futures Affect the Price?
Research2 days ago
Debt Bombs Ticking Across the Globe
Development2 days ago
Advisors: Break Out of Your Echo Chamber
Development2 days ago
The Power of Thoughtful Client Gifts
Equities3 days ago
These Oil Stocks Are Ticking Time Bombs
Building Smarter Portfolios3 days ago
The Market’s Wild Ride
Human Performance3 days ago
5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Productivity At Work
Equities4 days ago
Bubble, Meet Pin; It’s Just the Beginning of the Downslide