Video is an incredibly powerful marketing tool… but in order for it to work you have to get people to watch and like what they see.
You may have video that you have shared on your website, YouTube, in a blog or on social media sites. Here are 5 quick tips for engaging people so they will want to watch your video and connect further with you.
- Create good, interesting content. This is easier said than done. What would people in your target market actually want to learn or find out about you? Ask clients and centers of influence for their feedback on what content would be valuable. Still stumped in regards to content ideas? Use a free tool like https://answerthepublic.com enter a keyword or phrase (ex: retirement planning) and the tool will show you a series of questions people on the web are asking surrounding that topic. It’s a great starting point to get ideas for video topics.
- Get your script properly edited and approved by compliance – BEFORE recording in studio. This will make it much easier to finalize your video without a ton of edits or reshoots.
- Try to record your video in a professional studio with a green screen, proper lighting, microphone and a teleprompter. Make sure you give yourself the best chance to look (and sound) great. And PRACTICE! When speaking, you want to look comfortable speaking about the topic you choose.
- Title the video with something compelling so people know what content they will be watching. This may sound basic, but a catchy title can pull your viewer in. Give them a good reason for viewing. Also give your video a full description that answers clearly why someone would want to watch.
- Make sure the thumbnail picture associated with your video looks like you are someone they’d want to watch. The thumbnail can sometimes be a not-so-attractive, in motion, eyes closed type of screen grab of your video. Don’t be afraid to choose different thumbnails. It’s the first thing people will see before they decide whether or not to push play.
Related: To Be a Great Connector Do This
Ready to get started with video? We’ll share more quick tips in an upcoming post!
How Fear Blocks Sales Success
Are Your People Struggling With Innovation?
Why Your Investing Lifetime is So Important
The Fascinating Questions of a 100 Year AI Life
The Number of Americans Who Feel They Will Be Better off in a Year Is at a Record High
5 Ways M&A Can Hurt Your Brand
The Enormous Impact of Company Culture on Business Growth
Confronting the Ghosts of Your Financial Past for Future Control
5 Attitudes to Enhance Aging
One Rarely-Used Strategy to Push Your Sales Copy Over the Top
Equities21 hours ago
The Bulls Are Getting Stronger
Markets21 hours ago
S&P 500? More Like The S&P 50
Development21 hours ago
5 Questions Prospects May Ask Before Deciding to Hire You as Their Advisor
Let's Solve It2 days ago
Is Inflation Really Dead?
Markets2 days ago
Could Cyclicals Make a Comeback in 2019
Equities2 days ago
US Technology Sector is Setting Up for A Momentum Breakout Move
FinTech4 days ago
The Next Global Financial Meltdown Is Just Around the Corner
Advisor4 days ago
Stay Away From Dumb Money: The Crowd Is Rarely Right