Video is an incredibly powerful marketing tool… but in order for it to work you have to get people to watch and like what they see.
You may have video that you have shared on your website, YouTube, in a blog or on social media sites. Here are 5 quick tips for engaging people so they will want to watch your video and connect further with you.
- Create good, interesting content. This is easier said than done. What would people in your target market actually want to learn or find out about you? Ask clients and centers of influence for their feedback on what content would be valuable. Still stumped in regards to content ideas? Use a free tool like https://answerthepublic.com enter a keyword or phrase (ex: retirement planning) and the tool will show you a series of questions people on the web are asking surrounding that topic. It’s a great starting point to get ideas for video topics.
- Get your script properly edited and approved by compliance – BEFORE recording in studio. This will make it much easier to finalize your video without a ton of edits or reshoots.
- Try to record your video in a professional studio with a green screen, proper lighting, microphone and a teleprompter. Make sure you give yourself the best chance to look (and sound) great. And PRACTICE! When speaking, you want to look comfortable speaking about the topic you choose.
- Title the video with something compelling so people know what content they will be watching. This may sound basic, but a catchy title can pull your viewer in. Give them a good reason for viewing. Also give your video a full description that answers clearly why someone would want to watch.
- Make sure the thumbnail picture associated with your video looks like you are someone they’d want to watch. The thumbnail can sometimes be a not-so-attractive, in motion, eyes closed type of screen grab of your video. Don’t be afraid to choose different thumbnails. It’s the first thing people will see before they decide whether or not to push play.
Related: To Be a Great Connector Do This
Ready to get started with video? We’ll share more quick tips in an upcoming post!
Not All Consumers Make Good Advice Clients
The 5 Phases of FinTech: 2005-2027
Retirement For Clients With Modest Portfolios
Client Divorce Advice: What About the House?
The Power of Socially Responsible Investing
Consider Upcycling Your Knowledge
How to Explore Your Relationship With Money
6 Key Ways of Organizing Your Business for Growth
Spring Ahead in Marketing While You Still Have Time
Are You Preparing for the Future?
Let's Solve It11 hours ago
Do the Recent Trade Tensions Matter for the U.S. Economy?
Research11 hours ago
What Every Investor Can Learn From Buffett’s $4.3 Billion Mistake
Insights11 hours ago
China’s Looming Current Account Deficit Will Have Consequences for Us All
Research1 day ago
Trump’s Trade War Is Good for These 3 Dividend Stocks
Development1 day ago
The Truth About Getting to the Next Level as an Advisor
Building Smarter Portfolios1 day ago
Building the Case for Small Caps
Research2 days ago
Where Will We Get the Money to Pay for This Spending?
Human Performance3 days ago
You Are Your Ideal Client