A financial advisor called me last week and explained that he has a marketing problem. His problem is actually fairly typical and very frustrating. He is spending money on client events, has run several prospect seminars, is posting on social media, updated his website recently, and has even tried a series of targeted Facebook ads.
His efforts are not producing new clients, and he is worried about his book of business shrinking due to the age of his clients. He told me that he needs some new marketing strategies.
When I looked at the specifics of his event invitations, seminar presentations, social media posts, website and ads, I discovered a fairly common issue.
The problem is not that the marketing activities are wrong, but his messaging is wrong.
Related: How to Find a Memorable Hook
The most important element in ALL business development efforts is actually your words.
- If someone says your fees are too high, it is most likely your words that fell flat describing your value.
- If a seminar doesn’t work, it’s likely the words on the invitation or in your presentation that didn’t communicate why someone should work with you.
- If your website isn’t converting visitors into appointments it is likely your words, not the design of the site, driving them away.
- If your social media posts and advertisements don’t convert, it is likely your words don’t convince them to take action.
- If your prospect meetings don’t close someone, it is likely your words that sent the meeting south.
We have proven that when you use better messaging for everything from your client appreciation invitations, video scripts, digital advertisements and more – that it changes everything. The right words can dramatically impact your marketing efforts.
Have you thought about changing the words you use, not necessarily the activities you are conducting?
How Advisors Can Help Clients and Media Understand Volatility
Can You Build a Business on Chance Encounters?
Here’s Why You Should Drive a Piece of Crap Car
Small Talk Can Mean Big Bucks
5 Ways to Eliminate Customer Service Friction
8 Productivity Tips to Get Your Company Moving
Challenging the Notion of What it Truly Means to be a Business Owner in the RIA Space
The Two Evergreen Rules of Social Media
Read This Before Buying a Boat
Exploring the Independent Broker Dealer Space
Insights20 hours ago
Facebook Libra: Weighing The Pros And Cons
Research20 hours ago
Trump’s Trade War Is Paralyzing Business
Development20 hours ago
7 Things Many Advisors Don’t Do and Fail as a Result
Global3 days ago
Should You Follow This Billionaire Investor Towards Gold?
Digital Strategy3 days ago
What Does the Fourth Industrial Revolution Mean for Healthcare?
Financial Podcasts3 days ago
Cracking the Code to Customer Devotion with Shawn Moon
Solutions3 days ago
6 Requests for Men in Financial Services
Advisor3 days ago
The Secret Power of Smarketing