Facebook Live is an amazing tool to help you reach your audience in real time.
Videos are a powerful way to reach your audience in general, but when you add the real-time element? You’re cooking with gas, baby!
So how can you do this without losing your mind, getting frustrated or creating a product you never want to watch again? With these tips, starting with Production Tips:
Before You Open Facebook Live:
- Clean your iPhone: Facebook Live only works on mobile devices at the moment. Clean the front-facing camera on your iPhone before you shoot any video.
- Get a tripod: Even if you’re not Italian, it’s hard to speak without moving your hands at all. When you’re holding your phone, it limits your ability to move and for a live video, that can be a bad thing.
- Get an iPhone light: Lighting makes ALL the difference. No, really. It’s important to make sure that you’re not backlit when you’re doing your videos and that the light around you is soft. Try this iPhone light to enhance it.
- Be relaxed! Try out your video once or twice before you hit the live button so that you’re ready and CALM about what you’re going to say. And if you fumble? Laugh it off. This is a great tip for any videos, in general, because it makes it easier to edit out after a laugh than to edit out after 3 or 4 seconds of fumbling.
- Check your case: If you’re planning to show and tell on your Facebook Live video, make sure your case isn’t in the way.
Using Facebook Live:
This radio icon is how you go live. You can go live on your personal Facebook profile, your Facebook Business Page and in Facebook groups.
When you’re ready to go live, click on that icon and BOOM, you’re live… well, after you create a title. Facebook will give you time before you’re actually live, in a digital green room of sorts. Once you hit “live,” it is real and ON Facebook.
Use Hackathons to Go from Zero to Business Impact in a Week
Homer Simpson vs Mr. Burns
7 Ways to Effectively Lead a Team on Different Schedules
6 Things NOT to Do with Gatekeepers
How to Close Skill Gaps During Tech Disruption
How Do YOU Find Happiness at Work?
6 Ways to Marie Kondo Your Sales Process
Estate Planning in Second Marriages
Why Companies Should Focus on Employee Health
Retirement Medical Costs Not So Scary When Seen Yearly
Advisor2 hours ago
Homer Simpson vs Mr. Burns
Insights12 hours ago
Europe: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Markets12 hours ago
The Mad March Bounce
Development12 hours ago
Persevering Through Daily Mundane Is the Quickest Path to Success
Markets1 day ago
What’s Causing Investors to Come off of the Sidelines?
Sales Strategy1 day ago
7 Key Components When Selling to the C-Suite
Equities2 days ago
Should We break-up Facebook, Google, Amazon, Apple?
Global2 days ago
Don’t Be Fooled by the Politics of Envy