“How do you do it all?”
Recently I have been reading that a lot of mothers (single mothers in particular) take offense to this question.
Honestly, I relish it.
It’s not often, after all, that I can stand on the hilltop, hands on hips, cape flying behind me in the wind and claim, “I am A-MAZ-ING, that’s how!”
The reality is that I do it all because I have to.
- I have to listen to complaints on a daily (okay, almost hourly) basis and come up with acceptable solutions
- I have to work to keep a roof over our heads, a car in the driveway and food on the table
- I have to maintain my home to make sure the house is still warm during a polar vortex
- I have to set my schedule accordingly to get everyone where they need to be on time
- I have to objectively listen to and settle cases like Marvel vs. DC
- I have to sell the fun tasty goodness of broccoli to kids who now have a keen eye for spotting it no matter how hidden I think it is
- I have to help the boys with homework to keep their minds fed and their grades up
And somehow, I am able to make it all work – even when I want to curl up in a corner and cry.
But forget your day job for a second and think: Just how many departments would it take to run your unincorporated life?
My own corporate structure requires seven departments (just based alone on the points above):
Multimillion dollar corporations cover as much as you do but with a hoard of departments and people supporting them – and corporate leaders who get paid handsomely for their work.
You, my friend, are doing it alone (or at least without the support of corporate minions).
So I beg of you. Don’t be offended the next time someone asks you, “How do you do it all?”
Get your cape on and proudly boast about the achievements that you are conquering single-handedly.
Sure, the paycheck sucks… but we do it for the glory.
3 Niches Advisors Should Consider
When to Stop Investing in Prospects
Understanding the Principle of Least Privilege in Cybersecurity
Reach, Engage, and Earn The Female Dollar
Do You Argue with Your Spouse About Money? Read This!
3 Mining Stocks for Investors Seeking Gold Exposure
How to Be the Bearer of Bad News
How Effective Is Technology in the Realm of Personal Finance?
11 Laws of Trading to Win on Wall Street and Main Street
Why People Say So Many Things Are Common Sense Then Ignore It
Research13 hours ago
Trump’s Trade War Is Good for These 3 Dividend Stocks
Development13 hours ago
The Truth About Getting to the Next Level as an Advisor
Building Smarter Portfolios14 hours ago
Building the Case for Small Caps
Research2 days ago
Where Will We Get the Money to Pay for This Spending?
Human Performance2 days ago
You Are Your Ideal Client
Exit Planning3 days ago
How to Find and Retain Next-Level Management
Development4 days ago
How to Think like the Best Advisors in the Business
Research4 days ago
Reaction to Growing Number of Millionaires