In the third episode of our podcast, The COO Roundtable, Matt was thrilled to sit down with Trevor Chuna and Shaun Kapusinski of Sequoia Financial Group, an RIA in Akron, OH managing over $4 billion. Trevor, also featured in our latest White Paper, is the Chief Technology Officer and Shaun is the Director of Technology and Operations at Sequoia.
Matt, Trevor, and Shaun dive deep into how Sequoia has evolved the client experience through technology and much more, including:
- The history and background of Sequoia Financial Group
- Their respective professional experiences and how those experiences have shaped their roles today
- How Trevor and Shaun manage the inevitable growing pains of implementing new technology in an acquisitive firm
- The key differences Trevor sees between his CTO role and a more traditional COO role
- Their extensive work in building out firmwide use of Salesforce
- Trevor’s development of Sequoia’s financial planning platform
- Shaun’s networking group founded for operations professionals, HIFON
- Sequoia’s recent acquisition of LJPR Financial Advisors (a $776 million RIA)
- Shaun’s new book, The Financial Advisor M&A Guidebook, co-authored with Greg Friedman of Private Ocean
We hope you enjoy, share, and subscribe! Be sure to keep an eye out for Episode 4, which will feature Stacey McKinnon of Morton Capital Management and Tom Harms of Summit Trail Advisors. Both firms manage roughly $1.8 billion and $5.2 billion in client AUM, respectively.
To subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, click here or to subscribe on GooglePlay, click here.
To learn more about Shaun’s networking group, HIFON, click here.
To purchase Shaun’s book, click here.
Apple’s Comeback for Tim Cook Is Complete
Advisors: Are You Leaving Revenue On The Table?
Go the Extra Mile and Clients Will Love You, Right?
7 Steps to Future Proof Your Financial Life
4 Reasons for Exercising a Little Less Impulse Control
What Is Essentialism and Why It Should Be Important to You
7 Tips to Attract the Best Customers for Your Business
How and Why to Invest Intentionally
Four Efficient Ways to Keep Your Employees Engaged
3 Keys to Wealth Protection That Every High-Earner Should Know
Development20 hours ago
Why Investors Should Pay for Advice
Strategies20 hours ago
Diamonds Are Now an Institutional Asset
High-Conviction Investing20 hours ago
Valuing Equities in a Low-Growth World
Development1 day ago
How to Create a Great Value Proposition
Research2 days ago
Americans Are Preparing for a Recession
Advisor Marketing2 days ago
How Great Advisor-Marketing Happens in the Expertise Economy
Permission to Succeed2 days ago
Advisors Can Adapt Through Education with Sean Walters
Financial Podcasts3 days ago
What Would 100 Referrals Mean For Your Business