The rise of the internet has led to a vast amount of information available online. Due to this information overload, digital marketing should be a key part of your business efforts so that you don’t get left behind. As a financial advisor, utilizing digital marketing will allow you to reach thousands of customers, engage with them, and build loyalty. If you are unsure of what to do or how to start, here are 10 awesome and easy digital marketing strategies to help you get started!
1. Google My BusinessGoogle My Business (GMB) is a free tool offered by Google. This is the profile that appears on the right side of the page when someone searches for you. The profile includes things such as contact info, location, hours of operation, etc. If you want to be found on google, it is critical that you have a GMB listing because it helps boost your SEO. Not only does it help with visibility, but it also helps with earning customer trust. Brands that show up on Google are 2.7 times more likely to be considered reputable by consumers. GMB is simply the bridge between you and your prospective clients. Check out the example of the GMB listing for C.L. Sheldon & Company
2. Content MarketingContent is king, and when it comes to content marketing, there’s an unlimited array to choose from. From creating videos to writing blogs, there’s so much content you can generate. Content creation and marketing let you educate your target audience and showcase your expertise in the field. Furthermore, by creating content, you can utilize SEO techniques so that you can be visible in Google searches. This is by far one of the best ways to boost the number of visitors to your site!
3. Organic Social MediaYou definitely cannot talk about digital marketing without talking about social media. One of the best digital marketing strategies is social media as you can reach a large audience and engage with your customers. If you are just starting out, it’s important to take some time to create a marketing strategy. Think about what platforms you want to use, how you want to be seen, what you want to post, when you want to post, etc. In general, there are four basic steps you should take when engaging in social media marketing:
- Post meaningful content – you want to bring your company to life by posting content that reflects you and content that your customers will enjoy. We have seen that people love seeing personal posts. For example, here at Twenty Over Ten we post about what our team has been up to. For instance, in the post below, we share our sales development representative Nate Sobiech on his trip Beaufort, SC.
- Engage with the community – you want to make sure that you respond and interact with people who comment on your post or mentions you. Doing this will build loyalty and will demonstrate that you are an active member of the community.
- Schedule your posts – using a scheduling platform such as Hootsuite for your social posts can be a HUGE timesaver. Instead of manually logging into each platform in real-time to post, you can set up your posts and schedule them in advance.
- Track your results – after all your hard work, it’s time to see if it paid off. You can tap into each platform’s analytics to see how well your posts have been performing.
4. Email MarketingEmail marketing is a great way to engage with your audience. One really important thing to remember about email marketing, however, is that the more personal you are, the better. By segmenting your email subscribers and sending them specifically targeted emails, you will create a long-lasting impact. For example, if you see a group of your email subscribers checking out your retirement planning page, send that specific group a targeted email containing retirement information. In fact, marketers report a 760% increase in email revenue from segmented campaigns. While engaging in email marketing, its also important to have a strong subject line, send your emails at appropriate times of the day, and use email service providers such as AWeber, Constant Contact , and MailChimp.
5. Webinars / CoursesHosting webinars or courses is a great way to show your expertise and reach a large audience, allowing you to kill two birds with one stone. It’s a great avenue to actually engage with your customers, build loyalty, and get those conversions going. However, it’s really important that if you do choose to host webinars that you host them right. Here are some things you should keep in mind while you are hosting your webinar:
- Start by picking an engaging topic – there’s no point in hosting a webinar if it’s not a topic that people want to hear about
- Promote – once you’ve got a topic and set a date, it’s time to get the word out. Promote heavily on your social media accounts and email campaigns.
- Upload To Youtube – After hosting your webinar, it’s important to upload it to Youtube so that thousands of people around the world can see it.