According to Schwab’s 2018 Modern Wealth Index, 31 percent of millennials have determined their financial goals and have a written plan. As a result, millennials are also more likely than older generations to have specific savings goals, work with an investment advisor and regularly rebalance their portfolio. Clearly attracting millennials makes sense, that is why they have become such a ‘hot’ target for the financial community!
So, you want to attract millennials too? We have two suggestions guaranteed to win this group over.
- Focus on Millennial Woman and
- Help her earn more money
We guarantee, there will be standing room only at your event.Why focus on helping Millennial women earn more money? Because that’s one of the biggest issues they face. And, since you’re in the finance business, helping them with their main “pain” point is how to be most useful to them – you come to it with credibility. The long-term benefit? When you give them useful tips on how to earn more money, they’ll trust you to help them save and invest some of their extra income. It is a great way to start a relationship.
Here are some of the tips you might suggest to Millennial women at the event:
- Do your research about the value and the “going” rate for the position.
- Build a case for yourself – write it down.
- Practice your pitch with a friend.
- Set up a meeting with your manager.
- Present your case respectfully and with confidence.
- Send a thank you note regardless of the outcome.
- If you’re turned down for the raise or the promotion, ask what you need to do to get there. Then follow up once you’ve achieved them.