Ah, great customer service! It is the ultimate secret weapon that any business can provide. It’s really not that complicated; if you can provide great customer service, good things are bound to happen for you and your business! Most people won’t argue with that statement, but there’s one, small problem: How do you define great customer service? This is a question that most businesses struggle with, because two things are certain:
- No business is ever going to claim they don’t offer great customer service.
- No business is ever going to concede that their customer service is inferior to their competitors.
- Just when to approach the table, and just when to back off
- Just how much banter to provide, and just when to get to business
- Just enough about the various items on the menu, and just when to let us handle the rest.
- The waiter even sold us a cheesecake for desert… and I don’t like cheesecake.Since the waiter was so good, I decided to try again, and although I still don’t like cheesecake, I liked it that day.