Wonder why your phone isn’t ringing off the hook with job offers?
Or why you aren’t getting those interviews for positions that you KNOW you are qualified for?
Well, here’s why, it’s not that you’re not talented, it’s just your resume stinks. The worst part is you may not even realize it. Here’s why your resume doesn’t work.
- It does not represent you. Resume Writing services are not the same as resume writers. Resume Writers take time to interview and talk through the process of updating your credentials. Services ask you to submit a resume and they run it through a process add a bunch of empty adjectives and call it a day – and that’s not good for you. You need someone to add a personal touch.
- Outdated! You have skills from the 90’s. You’re trying to sell abilities and skills that are obsolete in today’s ultra-competitive market. Technology changes every 3 to 5 years and the workforce changes annually so you’ve got to make sure you are among the top talent people.
- Bad format. Your resume is not properly formatted. There are several resume styles but the most popular – the one that gets the most attention from hiring authorities – is the reverse chronological order (meaning from most recent to oldest employment). Employers want to see your most recent, relevant skills and accomplishments.
- It’s not attractive. Yes, like Justin Timberlake you need to bring the sexy back to your resume. I’ve seen some terrible stuff – too many colors – crazy fonts – too many fonts – excess bolding – long links and pictures. None of those things will get you noticed in the traditional/corporate job market.
- It’s way too busy. One of the things I look for when updating someone’s resume is the wording. Many people try to show off their expansive vocabulary on their resume. They over explain or use complicated words when more simple ones are more effective and will do just fine. Hiring managers don’t have time to cut through the layers of belabored words, so they just toss it. Resume are way too long in most cases and need to be streamlined.
Trust me, you are smart, skilled, well-educated, awesome and all that jazz – BUT your resume does not reflect that. Just like everything else in our lives, the resume game has changed –you probably need some help to make sure your resume doesn’t stink.
Is Life a Game of Chess or Poker?
Weapon Sales Across the Globe Drive Safety and Security Theme
How to Sharpen Your Social Skills with Two Distinct Listening Styles
How to Find Your Authentic Voice
A Smile Is Vital to Your Message
Myth Busting the Settlement Industry
Advisors: Consider These Inexpensive Holiday Gift Ideas for Clients
7 Steps To Hire Great Team Members
An Acronym You Should Remember When Leading Change
India’s Booming Economy Expected to Firm Up Gold Demand
Investments22 hours ago
Global Equity Views 4Q 2018
Development22 hours ago
How To Deliver Value During Prospect Engagement
Financial Podcasts22 hours ago
How to Merge a CPA Firm With a Wealth Management Firm
Learn2 days ago
Millennials and Responsible Investing: Bridging the Generation Gap
Social Selling2 days ago
Is Spending Piles of Money on Marketing Just a Waste?
Building Smarter Portfolios2 days ago
Understanding Hedge Fund Replication
Insights3 days ago
Leaders: How Your Audacious Goal Can Actually Hurt People
Development3 days ago
Discouraged? Remember Why You Got in This Business